Baby Blue

Started by Shark Hunter, July 31, 2020, 04:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Not sure where to post this, but my Man Dom wanted me to show the gang. ;)
Life is Good!

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

Maxed Out

Yep, you found the right place Daron. Thanks for posting

This amazing blue 77 is absolutely jaw dropping and belongs right next to big red !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

Cool! The no drag, no clutch, Sea Hawk. Looks so much better than the plain black. The "Sea series" would be a good group to collect.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

That's an eye popper, for sure !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

Wow Dom...that raises the color bar...blue is a color Penn seems to have avoided on plates at all cost. Fantastic find! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

milne

Yeah, That's an absolute Ripper Dom,  Wow....

Col

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

You're going to make big red jealous.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Never saw anything like it, nice find Dom!
We need a shot side by side with "Big Red".

Nice reel!👍

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wailua boy

Wow. That is special

Lingwendil

Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

broadway

Daron, Thanks for posting this up for me. 
I acquired this from a long time collector's son who sold it to fund a new sailboat.  NO, I didn't pay for the whole boat. ;)
Just wanted you guys to see what's out there.  I was shocked to see blue but it makes sense because I have the salesman's sample color chips (from the Ray Hodges collection) and wouldn't ya know,  the 77 has an exact match to one of the chips.  I will take the photo with Big Red the color chips, and Baby Blue together then send it to you (Sal) to post it up here if you would please.
Neat stuff out there, crew.
I don't like to seem like I'm tooting my horn (still not tooting-just showing) around here on my finds, but this one is special. Anyone else ever seen a blue Penn reel?  If so, I would love to see it.
Have nice weekend.
Dom

Eddie K

That is one unique reel.  Thank you for sharing.  I'm glad you found the right forum to show that reel off.

Brendan

You didn't pay for the whole boat only because he didn't know you would have.  ;). Amazing find.