Fun with Friends

Started by Hardy Boy, July 31, 2020, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

We just had a visit from friends that are really into diving (she is an excellent underwater photographer). They come up once or twice a year to do diving with some fishing on the side and I dive tend on their boat. This year the water visibility was bad so we did a little extra fishing. Headed out first morning, a little jigging for a couple nice lings, a deep drop for a sablefish, They got in a great dive, stopped in the middle of the day for a try at salmon (I had low expectations), first two minutes a nice chinook was on and gone ................... then for the next hour and a half it was a couple of nice fat springs and six Beauty cohos !! Next morning we did a little salmon fishing but only small fish, tried a couple of deep drops but no love , so lets try a slot I know for halibut that was nearby, first drift nothing, next drift she says I have something and I look over and her rod is doubled over she is yelling its pulling hard !!............. gone.................. she drops it back down and boom fish on a nice 35 lber, next drift halibut on .......... pulls hook, next drift she hooks a nice 18 lber that she passes off to her boyfriend, next drift I get bit and its a good one !! big head shakes and tail beats, I say its an over size ( we have a max size for halibut of 126 cm), I knew this was over size in seconds, good hard fight, I put the coals to her not worrying about loosing it, got her to the boat, a good solid 100 lb fish, buddy pops the hook and off she goes (notice my homemade jig that has been my go too for years now). Fresh fish for dinner every night, lots of variety ........... fun visit.

Cheers:

Todd

Todd

steelfish

my kind of fun.

congrats compadre, beautiful fish and even better on the table
The Baja Guy

David Hall

well done Todd.  great days on the water.

Dominick

I'm glad you have to let those old fat ladies go.  Nice work Todd.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

scrinch

Sounds like a nice time with friends, Todd. Fishing, food, fun! Glad you're getting a nice summer's worth of fishing in.

gstours

Thanks for sharing your pictures.  You had a super day for sure.  Good for you. 
   You can expect now to have even more friends 👬 .   
Did you catch the jig halibut on your new trevalla rod?  What weight and length did you get?
Just wondering?    Good fishing and great food.

Ron Jones

The variety is what I think is so great. Glad you all had fun.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Gobi King

Good looking bag, you guys have a great salmon fishery!
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Donnyboat

Nice Day on the water Todd, thanks for taking us along, great memories, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Hardy Boy

Its now fun with family. Took out the daughters boyfriend for a morning fish. 3 springs in the low teens. He was happy. Now to get him to work on the reno as he is a carpenter ! ;D

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Maxed Out

Hey, nice feesh, but aren't you supposed to release USA bound hatchery chinook ?? No wonder our run is weak this year. Hardy boy is getting them all dang it
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

No springs this morning but there was a large grade of coho around. We can only keep one "wild" coho at this time so here are two beauties ........................ released another 11 and caught a few pink salmon. Today he puts down the flooring !! ;)

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

gstours

Thanks for sharing your pictures Todd.  Those are nice coho.   I,m jealous.🙋‍♂️