6x12 Floating Dock(Rail Ideas?)

Started by jgp12000, August 02, 2020, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

The worst is the sting. The ones I've delt with could bite or sting. Enough stings over time and you start to get more and more allergic to the toxin
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Jim Fujitani

Quote from: Gfish on November 17, 2020, 07:05:17 PM
Oh yeah dude, you could go all-out! I see an umbrella table, outdoor chairs, a grill, and a portable submersible ladder for the swimmers. What else?...

A custom "Bimini" top, lantern holder, equipment box (with the vessel's name emblazoned), life ring, and chaise pads for when the missus is upset with you!!

jgp12000

Brewcrafter

LED lights run off the battery for those "after sunset" bass trips? - john

Dominick

How about a wet bar in the corner?  ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jgp12000

Lunker Larry

Your soon gonna have to double up on your floats with all these ideas  :D
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

RowdyW

Swami805

Gonna need a bigger pond!
Yellow jackets are a bummer, be hard to get at them under the dock
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oc1

When you run out of room just add that second floor.  It's probably a pretty view from up there too.

A good way to kill a yellow jacket nest is spraying them down with WD-40.  The oil weighs them down so they can't fly.  Since WD-40 can also be used as a fish attractant and a lubricant you will be saving some space there too.
-steve

Tiddlerbasher

In the UK we use fake/imitation nests to keep the blighters away. Apparently they wont nest near an existing one. This may depend on the exact variety of Vespidae but it certainly seems to work - still wont stop you getting stung though. Now hornets are a different kettle of fish.

Gobi King

Maybe some kinda plastic mesh to block off the access to the underside?
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Swami805

You gotta get rid of the nest.  If you're just getting the flying adults the nest is full of eggs and larvae so the problem will persist
Do what you can with that you have where you are

jgp12000

I believe the yellowjackets flew the coupe.I just got these Hercules chairs and some cupholders from Amazon,these resin chairs have a 1000lb rating, are comfortable, and do not take up alot of room.Now I just need to fish and test out the cupholders...

Donnyboat

Referring to lights, I stand correcting, but I think red & orange lights repel the mossi squeeto`s, not sure if they think it is fire or not, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat