Albert's New Everol

Started by Shark Hunter, August 05, 2020, 03:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Long Time Member Albert Nakaji has wanted an Everol for a long time.
I am Humbled to Make it Happen for him.
He helped me a lot when I first came here. As well as Sal, Bryan, Alan and many others.
Feels Good to pay it forward.
Enjoy it my Friend. ;)
Life is Good!

Darin Crofton

Wow, what a beautiful reel, Daron, way to go buddy!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

redsetta

That's fantastic Daron - the ohana is strong this week!
Albert's done a lot for a lot of members here.
He connected me with my BeastMaster 50/80 - all the way from the Big Island to Aotearoa.
I thought of Albert when I had it out trolling for bluefin recently.
Congrats mate, she's a beauty.
Enjoy, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Rocket Dog

Wow, now that's a nice reel. Way to go,

alantani

someone needs a custom rod with green accents!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

I knew Albert is sharp, but if that is engraved to his wife then he's a genius.
-s

Alto Mare

Wow! Cool reel!
Good job Daron! I'm sure you made both very happy.
Albert is a cool guy!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

You're a class act Daron...enjoy that reel Albert! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

JoseCuervo

Quote from: oc1 on August 05, 2020, 07:30:09 AM
I knew Albert is sharp, but if that is engraved to his wife then he's a genius.
-s

Like!

Makule

This an older thread but I just stumbled upon it.  Thank you Shark Hunter.  As you stated, I've been wanting an Everol all of my adult life.  I first read about it in, "Big Fish and Blue Water: Gamefishing in the Pacific" byPeter Goadby.  There was no internet in those days and I was not able to get any information about Everol.  I got a Penn International instead and was disappointed with it.  Trashed it and gave it away.
My "daily drivers" were Penn Senators, from 4/0 to 14/0.  Caught lots of fish with them, especially the 14/0.  My wife even caught a record size sailfish with the 14/0.  Sold it earlier this year.  The other 14/0 I had went over a 30' cliff and shattered on the rocks below.  That's the disadvantage of the 14/0, it's very heavy and is not meant to walk around with.  My new 12/0 was stolen and I replaced it with several used ones.  Somehow they didn't feel "right" in a way I can't describe.  Even so, I still have 2 or 3 of them (lost track).
I then got Shimano Beastmaster reels: 80s and then a 130.  I liked them and still have them and use them.  Parts are hard to get.  Anyone know where I can get the drag disk for the 80s and 130?  Dawn apparently does not have them.
S
Then almost 50 years after first learning about Everol reels, I finally got one.  Hallelujah.  I expect to use it in January if not sooner.  Even so, I'm already entertaining thoughts of acquiring another one, the 14/0 size.  That will only happen if I experience an occasion when the 12/0 is insufficient, so it may never happen.
Again, it was Daron who made my lifetime dream possible.  Much mahalo, Shark Hunter, I will not forget this.  I am in your debt.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Donnyboat

Well said Albert, nice work Daron, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

smnaguwa

Hi Albert,you one lucky man! Malama goes around and comes around. I know Papaikou, up the road from Wainaku. Know the Yamashita family? Heard a lot of fishing stories especially down by the old sugar mill. Hope to be a kamaaina again soon.
-Stan

redsetta

Great to hear the history Albert - stoked for ya!
If you ever decide to part with one of your 80/130s, I'm your man   ;) ;D
Looking forward to hearing the trip reports when you get the 'Green Machine' out on the water.
All the best mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Maxed Out

Almost too purty to fish

You're a good man Daron !! ...btw my wife's name is Nancy G.  ;D  ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !