Cedros Sportfishing, August 30 to September 3, 2021

Started by alantani, August 05, 2020, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally15

Good trip. YT limits every day for almost everyone. Probably averaged 20+ lbs. Biggest weighed was 34.
I got a 30. Here's me doing my Ernest Hemingway impersonation. Now for the long flights back to ATL. Ugh!
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

stoked4fishin

Nice fish Mike!  Can't wait to fish with you on the 10 day trip on the Spirit!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

It was a great trip!  I'm ready for next year already.  I serviced the reels I took.  I've also replaced the jigs I lost... plus got a few extra and added a blue Mag 20 Rapala so I don't have to borrow Jack's..
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

scrinch

It was a fun trip...good weather, good food, good company, and good fishing! I got home about 11pm after the long drive north with Jack. The next morning I slept in until 5:45, and then had to grab the door jamb on the way into the bathroom, as the panga in my head was still pitching and rolling a bit! I made Jack's poached yellowtail recipe that night with polenta and red pepper sauce, and it was delicious!

Wally15

Darn! I gained over 5 lbs on this trip. Plus had a slight case of the DT's when I got home. That had to be the worst tequila ever. You guys are a bad influence on me. Hanging around Ron even has me "cussin' like a sailor". And my IQ dropped 20 points.  :)
Peaches
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Keta

Quote from: Wally15 on September 06, 2021, 11:21:04 AM
And my IQ dropped 20 points.  :)

It's a good thing I could not make it this time,  that would put me in the single digit range.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

Quote from: scrinch on September 05, 2021, 10:51:23 PM
........... as the panga in my head was still pitching and rolling a bit!

hahaha, I can recall that, 1st time I took my 3 kids for a fishing trip in a panga, on our way back to home in the car, all of them told me the same, if I close my eyes I still can feel the rocking movement of the panga, that feeling was still present when they went to bed that night  ;D ;D ;D

seems like you had a great time
The Baja Guy

rogan

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ron Jones

Quote from: Wally15 on September 06, 2021, 11:21:04 AM
Darn! I gained over 5 lbs on this trip. Plus had a slight case of the DT's when I got home. That had to be the worst tequila ever. You guys are a bad influence on me. Hanging around Ron even has me "cussin' like a sailor". And my IQ dropped 20 points.  :)
Peaches

Let me help you out Peaches; you can't lose more than you started with, and you didn't start with 20 in the first place!

Had a blast
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ryan W

Had an absolute blast! Fished with some great anglers and caught more than my fair share of fish and can't wait for next year. Headed back for that 11 lb world record pinto? bass.  Have attached some pictures from the trip.

For next year, any interest in adding another day or two to the trip? From Rosie's website it looks like the cost does not go up all that much relatively speaking. Also would selfishly prefer a trip spanning a weekend for working stiffs like me  ;D

Ron Jones

I have arranged to view some charts that aren't available to everyone. Going to find holes that that fish is in. Planning an all out assault on that record next year.

The Man
Ronald Jones
"

Bill B

Quote from: Ron Jones on September 08, 2021, 03:24:22 PM
I have arranged to view some charts that aren't available to everyone. Going to find holes that that fish is in. Planning an all out assault on that record next year.

The Man

Dr. Jones....could that be considered cheating 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!