Cedros Sportfishing, August 30 to September 3, 2021

Started by alantani, August 05, 2020, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

ryan, you're number 12!  Ted Reyes is first on the waiting list.  gentlemen, thank you!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wally15

Welcome Ryan. You have certainly joined an august bunch of guys. And on into September as well  ;D ;D

On a non-related note, does anyone remember the name of the "companion" resort on the mainland near Cedros that Cedros Sportfishing was advertising 4-6 months ago? Similar resort but more inshore type fishing. Just wondering if anyone has been there and what was their opinion?
Want to take my step-son and son in law panga fishing.
In 24 hours I'll  be heading to Puerto Vallarta and Marla's No Tuna-No Chinga experience. Be interesting to see what additional restrictions are in place for international travel. UGH
Merry Christmas,

GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

natch!

Just saw reports that a new species of whale has been discovered near San Benitos

Jack

Ryan W

Thrilled to be on the trip, glad I could join. I'm sure I'll be bugging you all for tackle recommendations over the next few months...

Ron Jones

Based on my single trip my biggest recommendation is simple. As in keep it simple. A bunch of ringed circle hooks, a few surface irons and one or two things to bounce on the bottom. And sabikis, lots and lots of sabikis. A 30 pound and 50 pound outfit and you are all set.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

MarkT

Rosie told me via email that the runway at Cedros has been patched.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Hardy Boy

Yes I talked to her as well. I like the term "patched" not ....................... repaired !! Hope the covid is under control later this year.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Ron Jones

I follow the Island on Facebook. Saw pictured of the runway, looks great. Rosie sent me an email last night confirming we are a go.

I need halibut season to get here so I can think about something else or I'm never going to sleep!

Ronald Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

lee won't be able to make it, so ted reyes will be #12.

Almud

Excited to join your group.  Spoke to Rosie and sent her the check today!   ;D

alantani

scrinch

Quote from: Almud on March 10, 2021, 11:28:45 PM
Excited to join your group.  Spoke to Rosie and sent her the check today!   ;D

Welcome to the trip, Ted! Looking forward to meeting you.

Almud

Thanks!  Really excited!  Now just have to figure out what to bring.   ;)

alantani

two rods, two reels.  a 30 pound jig outfit and a 50 pound jig outfit.  we will be casting alot.  for calicos, it's small swim baits and small iron, all two, three or four ounces.   for yellowtail, we troll with rapala cd-14's, cast yoyo iron or surface iron, cast sp minnows (hard plastic baits), fly line or slow troll with circle hooks (2/0, 4/0 or 6/0) and live sardine or mackerel, dropper loop with circle hooks (4/0 or 6/0) and 12-16 ounces of lead.  you'll also need four sabikis, one for each day to make bait.