Cedros Sportfishing, August 30 to September 3, 2021

Started by alantani, August 05, 2020, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on September 08, 2021, 07:26:28 PM
Quote from: Ron Jones on September 08, 2021, 03:24:22 PM
I have arranged to view some charts that aren't available to everyone. Going to find holes that that fish is in. Planning an all out assault on that record next year.

The Man

Dr. Jones....could that be considered cheating 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you aint cheating you aint trying!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ryan W

I would be disappointed if all those years of sonar mapping didn't lead to some secret spots!

For those who are curious:

https://mexican-fish.com/goldspotted-sand-bass/#:~:text=They%20reach%20a%20maximum%20of,Sur%2C%20Mexico%20in%20November%202006.

10 lbs 4 ozs....I bet some of our fish would have gone at least 9 lbs!

scrinch

Quote from: Ryan W on September 12, 2021, 12:27:26 AM
I would be disappointed if all those years of sonar mapping didn't lead to some secret spots!

For those who are curious:

https://mexican-fish.com/goldspotted-sand-bass/#:~:text=They%20reach%20a%20maximum%20of,Sur%2C%20Mexico%20in%20November%202006.

10 lbs 4 ozs....I bet some of our fish would have gone at least 9 lbs!

A quote from that article:

"The Goldspotted Sand Bass is a resident of all Mexican waters of the Pacific with the exception that they are absent form Cedros Island, Baja California, northward along the central and northwest coasts of Baja."

You never know what to believe!

steelfish

Quote from: scrinch on September 13, 2021, 06:25:50 PM

"The Goldspotted Sand Bass is a resident of all Mexican waters"

that fish is really good eating.

my favorite for a fresh ceviche
The Baja Guy

Ryan W

Any news on next years trip? Gonna be time for us working stiffs to put in for vacation soon...

alantani

now that christmas is over, i'm going to start putting together the full schedule for next year and start making phone calls to all of the veterans to get them lined up.  just keep an eye on the board and we'll get you signed up.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ryan W

Sounds good Alan, looking forward to it! Hope you and your family had a good Christmas

Almud

Count me in!  Fun trip in 2021 and now "hooked!"