Penn 704Z handle replacement

Started by ReelFishingProblems, August 08, 2020, 09:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

Hey all,

Just wanted to provide a thanks to Bryan for hooking me up with a handle for my 704Z when I didn't think i would find one in a reasonable time.

I had a very beat up 704Z (black spool) that I stripped the paint off, sanded, polished, and drilled out the rotor. This reel was not in good shape. It has been fun to mess around with, and it now has Bryan's Ultimate Upgrade Drag 7 stack, and a manual pick up. I painted the old black knob silver with some nice acrylic paint and covered in a light coat of epoxy.

The gold handle was driving me nuts, and the silver handle from an 700 greenie was just the ticket. As you can see from the pictures it is the same length as the 704Z handle, but sticks out away from the rotor a bit more.

Wanted to post this, in case anyone didn't know the handles are interchangeable.

Thanks again Bryan

Donnyboat

Gee Brian, you done a great job on that reel, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Bryan Young

That's one nice looking reel Nick.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

oldmanjoe

You did a good job on that reel .      Home made pick up ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: oldmanjoe on August 09, 2020, 03:41:15 PM
  You did a good job on that reel .      Home made pick up ?

I wish I could say I made it, but I bought it on the auction site.
A little more refined final product

Nick

Brewcrafter

That is a sweet looking reel! - john