PENN FATHOM FTH25N

Started by Cor, August 09, 2020, 10:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cor

9 1188708 9-FTH20LW SPACING SLEEVE, that's the steel tube that revolves inside the AR Bearing and sits between the Star and drag washer over the main gear shaft.

Does this have a "correct" way to fit it?   The inside of the two ends differs slightly, I have never figured this out, other reels have a similar sleeve that has also got the same thing?

I have often looked at it, turned it around, checked it closely and fitted it in any way :-\ :-\
Cornelis

David Hall

pictures?
Id like to see a tutorial on this reel.

i know nothing about this reel, except that late last night, after watching SoCal tuna fishing on you tube for an hour I believe I may have ordered a 40NLD, and a carnage rod to mount it on.  I must have been in a state of delerium.  I will know for sure next Wednesday if it gets delivered.

SoCalAngler

Yeah, I have not figured out which way is correct either. It works the fine either way. I have a Diawa Saltist BG20H which has kind of the same thing. If I remember correctly I installed them with the end with more materiel closest to the drag washers. My thinking was this would keep those sleeves more centered at the drag washer end.

Edit: I just swapped the end of that sleeve in my BG20H to have the more material end towards the star and it worked just fine. I didn't test the FTH25N as it is mounted to a rod with the drag set ready to go fishing tomorrow.

Cor

@ SoCalAngler yes thanks, at least I no longer feel too stupid, I have also fitted them both ways around on various reels as to me I can not figure any reason for this difference in the sides.
I was just busy servicing my one FTH25N and decided to ask.

I think the Shimano ones are slotted to fit in to the first steel washer, so no doubt there.

Perhaps something to do with manufacturing the part not the function. :-\

Some other suggestions?

PS,  Enjoy your trip and hope you have a good day.    Here fishing has been terrible, out of 8 trips I think I skunked 6 :-[ :-[
Cornelis

gstours

Year ago, some one would say female end.   Others now ask ac or dc,   I hope this helps.🧜‍♂️

Cor

Quote from: gstours on August 12, 2020, 02:46:44 AM
Year ago, some one would say female end.   Others now ask ac or dc,   I hope this helps.🧜‍♂️
Now that could make for interesting discussion.
Personally I have forgotten the difference :D :D ???
Cornelis

Ron Jones

I say XY or XX, makes it beyong confusing to most:)
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"