Holy Chimichanga !! "Piscina de la muerta" DeadPool fishing rod

Started by steelfish, August 13, 2020, 06:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I love the olive branches. Well done as always.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your words, this rod was indeed fun to build, it took me a tons of hours of work because I had to re-do the olive branchs 3-4 times each one ::) ::) :o, well maybe the last 3 I did them correctly the 1st time but it was something I wanted to try and "somehow" I had too much time in my hands last quarantine days.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

Quote from: Hardy Boy on August 14, 2020, 04:27:52 PM
.. I hope you are getting out and trying some of those beauties !!
Cheers:
Todd

few years ago, I was fishing every month or every two months off-shore and found rodbuilding like something really hard to do and it was outta my plans and now I find rodbuilding like something fun to do but Covid changed my plans for 2020 and the local season is about to end, so, hopefully this next season I can fish more with my new toys.

I have almost all accesories for my next rod for my arsenal, another rainshadow blank (because the cost), a swimbait blank 7'10" 10-20 to use it for the Sierras (spanish macks) and corvinas and my new abu toro beast 60, this will take the place of the okuma stalker inshore 8ft rod.

The Baja Guy

gstours

😲 wow, Alex,  you are in another class.  Way too beautiful to get blood and sweat on! 
   Maybe you're fishing days are over when the orders start piling up?🙀
Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your pictures.   🐟

steelfish

Quote from: gstours on August 21, 2020, 04:48:44 PM
😲 wow, Alex,  you are in another class.  Way too beautiful to get blood and sweat on! 

thanks Gary, thats why I made it in Red color, so, no problem with the blood on the rod !!  ;D ;D

Quote from: gstours on August 21, 2020, 04:48:44 PM
   Maybe you're fishing days are over when the orders start piling up?🙀
my fishing days were over when my oldest daugther started going to the university out from home LOL and I have another girl going in two more years.  :o :o

;D ;D
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Alex, freaking fantastic work !  Your Olive Branch for the first time shows your effort. The Olive Branch doesnt just happen. As simple as the process is most like us must practice it a bit along with a willingness to redo as we go before getting any level of proficiency with it. Really good work you have done here Alex... Jeff

thorhammer

Compadre, I first saw the olive branch at Jon Vadney's when Alan took me over there. I knew right then that's above my paygrade. You are doing some seriously nice work.

Midway Tommy

Beautiful, Alex! Your creations and craftsmanship take a back seat to no one!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

steelfish

:)             

(I copy that comment to Lee).

thanks guys, I did those thin trims and JTOB cuz it to practice on an acual rod and just because it was my personal rod, pretty sure a picky or OCD guy would have notice some mistakes, bad details, etc so, I dont know if I will ever made those on a customer rod LOL, so far Im a happy camper.

now I understand why I heard some seasoned Rodsmither guys say that the power wrapping machine "spend" more time with the Belt uninstalled and wrapping by hand doing olive branch, color changes, trims, etc than actually using the speed of the power wrapper offer.
at least turning by hand the blank on the power wrapper is smother than on my wooden box  ::) ::)

The Baja Guy