Avet TRX 130 issue continued

Started by Noahg727, August 14, 2020, 09:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noahg727

Okay so I posted earlier about a spring issue in the new TRX 130's. So to summarize the springs inside the reel weren't strong enough to push the drag stack back once it was compressed down. I got stronger springs with the same specs and it fixed mine perfectly. Works like a charm now. So I tell my buddies who are having the same issue and it does fix there's.

He sent His to avet and they completely changed the spring setup. Mine has two conventional springs (which are listed on the schematics) his has the spool side
Spring being conventional and longer than the original (my) spring. The right side of the spool has a combo of flat springs also of a different shorter length than the overall length of
Mine. Even after they "fixed it" his isn't smooth. The drag ramp up and down is sticky at times and seems to
Decrease in increments of 5 lbs at a time. I had him replace the springs with my stronger ones (exact same specs as the original) but it just returned to him the issue he had with it in the first place where it completely locked up. What on earth are we to do to fix it lol avet isn't being very helpful and my friend is getting impatient.

Noahg727

Here's pictures to demonstrate
Stock spring diameter -one on each side

Noahg727

Glenzenio

Can I ask where you got the upgraded springs from?

Donnyboat

Maybe you could get some spring wire, and make you own springs, old pop up sprinklers have a good springs in them, just re-adjust them, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat