Special tool for reel clamp for 20T international

Started by Miles Offshore, August 15, 2020, 04:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miles Offshore

I did a quick search but didnt find anything but Im certain yall have run across this before. Anyone know of or where i can purchase or what I can use to tighten the nylock nuts that came on this2-speed 20t conversion i just picked up? Deep well , standard sockets dont fit it and dang if I can get anything to work. If i didnt just put new line on iti might have tried to convert it over to the new style but I didnt anticipate the clamp being an issue. Thanks in advance for any help, advise etc. Craig
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Swami805

Might try something like a scrench like a tool for chainsaws, the wall of the socket on those is pretty thin. Size might be the problem, Echo uses a pretty small one
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Miles Offshore

Thanks Swami, someone noted that they. Think its aftermarket which is probably correct so i might just look for another one, appreciate your input!
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

bill19803

there  is  a x  wrench on market  that  has  different  size  socket on  each  arm  works  great   on  those  nuts.  i  just  cant  find  mine  right  now  to  give you the  name

Bill B

If no special tool exists I would scarafice a socket, use a grinder to thin the walls.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

bill19803

i  got  my  x  wrench  at  big  tackle  store  at  landing in  san  diego

bill19803

Miles Offshore

Thanks guys, i found a nice replacement clamp at charkbait that i think ill order. I remembered i ordered a couple more for some 50sw' I had and they seem to be a good product, plus they have a place for a lanyard. The idea about sacrificing a socket is also legit, thanx! Sometimes i dont see the forest for the trees! Lol
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

alantani

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on August 16, 2020, 02:51:44 AM
If no special tool exists I would sacrifice a socket, use a grinder to thin the walls.  Bill

this........
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!