daiwa Saltiga sa 20 tutorial

Started by hafnor, December 17, 2011, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hafnor

Hi Dom. I had one too. First I just thought it was some dirt but it seems to be a rubber ring, mine unfourtanetly was torn up, but still in one piece... So it will not function properly I think. But yes there was one, but it was not firm as on the schematics. made of soft rubber. regarding the bellevilles I just had to put them the way they would give me a slower drag curve. It was mounted like () but they were deformed so the best option was )(. I still have to have new ones. No doubt it is a beautiful reel

broadway

I thought the o-ring was dirt, too.  It was in 4 pieces... I'm gonna try and find some of those lil' buggers for the future.  Ahhh, I see why you flipped the bellevilles, makes sense.
Dom

trishul

nice reel and tut0rial  hafn0r i l0ve the 0ld saltiga line al0t im getting temped t0 get 0ne like in y0ur tut0rial i feel it can be a g00d match t0 jm titanium ev0 200 and im keen 0n trying an 0verhead, by the way h0w d0 y0u like y0ur 2010 saltiga 5000 have y0u tested it 0ut yet 0n a nice fish?

Bryan Young

Quote from: hafnor on December 27, 2011, 08:43:40 PM
Hi Dom. I had one too. First I just thought it was some dirt but it seems to be a rubber ring, mine unfourtanetly was torn up, but still in one piece... So it will not function properly I think. But yes there was one, but it was not firm as on the schematics. made of soft rubber. regarding the bellevilles I just had to put them the way they would give me a slower drag curve. It was mounted like () but they were deformed so the best option was )(. I still have to have new ones. No doubt it is a beautiful reel
Note that by orienting the belvilles like )( may damage the star clicker assembly (bend it) and may also damage the handle bearing as the beleville will rest on the shield during compression.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broschro

just opened up a 20 ld nightmare!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: broschro on February 17, 2012, 06:49:15 PM
Coming in the spring, soon to be a major movie, "Nightmare on Reel Street."   :D  Dominick 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Irish Jigger

Just bought a s/hand SA30. Beautiful little reel good simple solid clean engineering and no damn clicker to boot. ;)

broschro

Quote from: broschro on February 17, 2012, 06:49:15 PM
Ok, I got it all back together and when I move the lever up to apply more drag I can't reel the thing.The bearings seam ok but I'm not totally sure how to cheek the bearings,I did take the shields off the bearings and packed them,but I can't get to the one in the right side plate. any help with this matter would be wonderful.

alantani

the side plate bearing has to come out and get packed with grease. it might also be the source of your problems. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Had a similar problem to you guys after servicing a Saltiga 30. Two spare shim washers! Took me a while to find they were fitted under the Yoke Springs. Measured all the ball bearings for future reference. Pity manufacturers dont give bearing sizes on their parts lists. >:(
The only manufacturer  I have seen stating  sizes is Jigging Master.  ;)

alantani

jim nomura is the best at these........   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Blackfishdoug

I just bought an old Saltiga 20 A bit noisy I can't figure out how to take it apart. There used to be pictures here but now it says 3rd party has been temporarily been disabled can anybody re post pictures?
If it eats Greencrabs it's a Blackfish. If it hates Blackfisherman it's the NMFS

Bryan Young

Quote from: Blackfishdoug on February 11, 2018, 03:57:50 AM
I just bought an old Saltiga 20 A bit noisy I can't figure out how to take it apart. There used to be pictures here but now it says 3rd party has been temporarily been disabled can anybody re post pictures?
Try this to see pictures.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24092.0

Are you referring to the drive side?  If so, to get it off, you have to take the handle and star off first.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Blackfishdoug

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 11, 2018, 06:14:56 AM
Quote from: Blackfishdoug on February 11, 2018, 03:57:50 AM
Try this to see pictures.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24092.0

Are you referring to the drive side?  If so, to get it off, you have to take the handle and star off first.

I figured that out but what I was trying to do was get the spool out I couldn't figure out how to do that. I want to see if Alan can look at it & replace whatever it needs it may need new bearings. I did find a little sand on the inside of the reel I'm anal when it comes to cleaning my reels so I do know how to keep them properly cleaned. I'm just used to working on Penn reels that were easy to do.
If it eats Greencrabs it's a Blackfish. If it hates Blackfisherman it's the NMFS

Bryan Young

Remove the left sideplate to get the spool out.