Started by sandbar, August 19, 2020, 11:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

DAM 110 vs. 110N
Which one is higher quality?

philaroman

265  ;) 
seriously, I just know enough to say you should consider all three,
PLUS, 1000/1001...  plus, maybe, the smallest "02" (1202?)

mo65

Every model you guys have mentioned is a great reel...all excellent quality. I think the Champion 1000 was the moment Quick got everything right. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

philaroman

Mo,
do you mean "Quick got everything right" w/ 00 & everything after (among German models, of course)
or, is there something about 00, that you like better than later 01/02 (other than 02 graphite spool)

Gfish

It is generally agreed on that the 110 is of better quality than the 110N. This is something I read several times and I don't remember where or what parts were better. Mighta had some thing to do with too much plastic on the N reels. I do have a Microlight 265 that came with a extra plastic spool that says "110" on the bottom. The 265's spool is metal(maybe aluminium?). The 110 spool fits perfectly and is an exact copy, and is probably fine, but I really prefer metal.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

Quote from: philaroman on August 20, 2020, 02:48:13 AM
Mo,
do you mean "Quick got everything right" w/ 00 & everything after (among German models, of course)
or, is there something about 00, that you like better than later 01/02 (other than 02 graphite spool)

I haven't seen an '02 schematic yet, but I assume it pretty much follows the '01 path, which is almost identical to the '00 series design. The drags and spools appear to be the only major differences. I guess since the '00 came first, I gave it the credit. Maybe I should also mention that what I like most about the Champion series is the bail design. I like to be able to open or close the bail manually. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Rivverrat

For the line class they fish the Quick 110 vs 110N both will do well.  There is also some what of a debate among Quick fans as to which is better.  The internals are what separate them. 

The anti reverse in the 110 is achieved by the spring loaded pin locking the main gear, The N models have better bail mechanics & the anti reverse is different some claim better. Both these reels will clean up & slick up very nicely. Strength between the two is a moot point being they both fish their perspective line classes well with out any on going or known issues.

Some claim the 110N is smoother. Maybe, if it is it's not by much after a hard clean & polish is done on both.  I have never heard any complaints from fish or any person exclaim " I wish I'd caught that fish on my N model "
  etc.
  Between the two, ultimately the best one will be the one you use & catch fish with. My thoughts & opinion for whats it's worth based on some one wanting to fish & not just collect them... Jeff

festus

I have 2 of the 110 and 3 of the 110N.  IMHO the 110 is a better built reel, but I prefer the 110N for fishing. It just "feels" better, especially casting and retrieving ultralight lures, just seems there is more sensitivity.