5501 C-3

Started by Scattergun2570, August 24, 2020, 01:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Quote from: alantani on August 24, 2020, 04:38:06 PM
$20 with shipping included, if you are interested!

I very well may be,,,hard to get a sense of how long it is from the picture,,can you tell me how long it is?

alantani

the arm is 4 inches!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Scattergun2570

Quote from: alantani on August 25, 2020, 12:54:06 AM
the arm is 4 inches!

I think I will take it...shall I pm you?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

I would think these power handles would cause you to over power these reels. Yes they're good reels but they are still a medium light reel.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Ron Jones

I've seen videos where guys tighten these drags down with channel locks, I don't see an extra inch or so of swing tearing them up. If the original arm is 1.5 inch and you increase it to 2 your adding what, 5-10 inch pounds if your a muscle builder?

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Donnyboat

That Handle that Alan has would be ideal, if you know the capacity, of your reel you set the drag to that, know matter how long the handle is, just my two bobs worth, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Jigtosser

Hey Alan,
Got anymore in the garage  ???
I've been looking for a couple !!!

philaroman

Quote from: Donnyboat on August 28, 2020, 03:47:56 AM
That Handle that Alan has would be ideal, if you know the capacity, of your reel you set the drag to that, know matter how long the handle is, just my two bobs worth, good luck cheers Don.

ditto...
in that scenario, locking down the drag w/ mechanical aid is the TACKLE-DON'T!!!
maximizing comfort while using the reel within its class, is a BIG TACKLE-DO!!!
why use a nice stapler to hammer nails -- get a cheap hammer

kmstorm64

I use the ABU power handle on my 6501's and I have had no issues with them.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!