Daiwa RS 1355

Started by Rancanfish, August 27, 2020, 05:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I was putting my garbage / recycle cans out to the curb and noticed a bunch of stuff sticking out of the neighbors garbage can.  5 real old rods, a couple of old Ugly sticks and a surf rod.  I grabbed a silver Daiwa RS 1355  spinning reel off a rod.  It's a bit dusty but with a little clean up I think it's a good example of an 80's Daiwa.  There was a tiny Daiwa reel too.  The type with the covered spool.  Can't remember the name. Spincast?

If you are curious what a RS 1355 looks like there's a YouTube video someone posted.  It's too late to take pics.

I'm torn between rescuing the rods and avoiding any more fishing junk to my garage.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

philaroman

salvage the Ugly Sticks, ASAP!!!
dunno what the new UglyTough composite is, but I'm sure it's cheaper to make -- NOT BETTER, than Howald
just look on fleaBay -- what very few old Howald's are available, are selling double-price

Rancanfish

Roman,  I jumped out there and grabbed two Ugly's.  One is definitely older but neither say 'Howald'.  7' medium (seems ML), and a 6'6" Lite (seems medium).

The 1355 was the first spinning reel I ever pulled a sideplate off.  Chunky grease cleaned out, relubed and the outside wiped down.  Great condition.  Worth what I spent.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.