Regina Reel Made in Germany

Started by sandbar, August 27, 2020, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

I bought a 4 reel lot on the auction site. This is one of them. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is?

happyhooker

I know nothing about this reel, but it sure is interesting looking.

Frank

Midway Tommy

E. Backhaus & Company, Remscheid, Germany circa 1956.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Dominick

I had a cousin named Regina on my mother's side.  She was made in Italy.  Does that help?   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

sandbar

That helps immensely Dominick. Do you think she has a schematic for it?  :)

foakes

Caution, observation, and attention are required to disassemble a 65 year old reel like this one, Steve --

With the best of care and intentions -- simple little 65 YO parts will be brittle or jammed -- causing breakage.

Things like the A/R plastic slider, handle nut, pinion, casing, etc..

And these parts are no longer available -- for any price.  If parts are ever needed -- some substitutions from other reels of this era may work.  But more often, another reel to use as a donor parts reel will be necessary.

Let us know how you do.

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Will do Fred. I am a 65 year old novice. I'm going to mess up. I hesitate to put the body in the ultrasonic cleaner I just received. I remember a post of yours that spoke of floating paint issues. I gotta go through it to learn I guess. I only paid 12 bucks for this reel, but I hope to have a "shelf queen " when I'm done. I have not seen another one anywhere. Pray for me.   

Rivverrat

They are a neat old reel. Mine is still in a box, clean but in pieces some where around here waiting for another to kill for parts... Jeff

sandbar

I've run into some interesting challenges trying to service this old reel.
The drag nut has a window in it that shows the setting but it doesn't unscrew from the spool. There are pins on each side of the spool that seem to be holding it in. I have no idea how to remove them. The clicker spring seems to be an assembly. The spring is obviously compromised but looks to be un-removable from either the clicker or the the post, that looks like it is pressed in, without bending the ends of the spring. Is it possible that the whole spool assembly was built to be replaced and not serviced?