JDLtreasures

Started by ReelFishingProblems, August 30, 2020, 12:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems

I know JDLtreasures has posted on here before but I did not find it when I did a quick search.

I just wanted to say how happy I am with his service. If this needs to be moved or deleted, I apologize for my mistake.

I bought a replacement rotor cup on the auction site for a penn 720 but when it came in it was for a 722. After this mistake I went to JDLtreasures.

My wife and I made a conscious decision to spend some time focusing on each other's hobbies. So I bought her a blue Penn 720 with the painted housing cover. (It matches a vintage kerosene lantern she has). The reel I bought her needed a few parts to make it shine with its original glory. We will start restoring the reels once all the parts we need are in.

Worried that I would be buying another rotor cup in the wrong color, he pulled the part and verified it was exactly what I needed. He didn't have to do this, but did anyways. It showed up in the mail today, and I swear it is NOS.

Thank you so much for making my wife's first reel restore project successful and as stress free as it can be. Getting her to like this hobby even a little bit is a huge win for me.

Nick

reelrepair123

jdl treasures is a great company, very satisfied with them. i use him when i need a part or two, big orders i use mystic, great also.   harryk

RowdyW

About a couple of years ago JDL bought a truck load of new parts for Penn Daiwa, Shimano, etc. A lot of the new parts go for less then some of the used parts. Doug is one of our members so I hope the membership will give him a shot. He will accept any decent offer.       Rudy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: RowdyW on August 30, 2020, 03:02:36 AM
About a couple of years ago JDL bought a truck load of new parts for Penn Daiwa, Shimano, etc. A lot of the new parts go for less then some of the new parts. Doug is one of our members so I hope the membership will give him a shot. He will accept any decent offer.       Rudy

Rudy, thanks for mentioning that. I forgot to say he price matched the NOS rotor I bought previously. A seriously good guy.

Gfish

Yeah. I think 3 times now they have accepted a lower offer from me on reel parts. 
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

swede 53

One of the best sellers on the big auction site in my opinion,I've gotten many hard to find parts from him over the last few years and he gets them shipped out fast and will get back to you promptly if you have a question.

Tightlines667

They have helped me to find some hard to find parts, I am quick to recomend them if someone is looking for something no longer stocked or readily available.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

bluefish69

Things have slowed for me to a slow crawl {No Repairs at all} I have used them for a few years now. I always offer less by a little bit & it is always accepted by them. I wouldn't go anywhere else if possible.

I repaired many Newels  & Penn reels with parts from them.

Mike 
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

foakes

Good to see you back, Mike!

Thanks for posting!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

I have had great luck with JDL Treasures and have nothing but good things to say about them! Great store!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)