Major Rod Sticker for Donnyboat in Western AU Aug. 30, 2020

Started by El Pescador, August 30, 2020, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Hey Kids,

Donnyboat contact me for help to post photos of his Major Rod that needs a new sticker.

Any help or assistance for this sticker I know will be appreciated by one of our own!!!!

Here is his email to me:

Ay me old mate Wayne, mate buddy pal, you thought, you was going to get that, slang booklet scott free ay,
No truly I did`nt plan it this way, but I have this rod, please check the picture,
I picked it up on the weekend for Au $2.00, anyway it was made in Canada, by Major rods, anyway I was wondering,
if you may be able to get me one of the stickers, as you can possibly see, I am trying to restore the cork handle, I have ground down an old cork through,
Pats greater, mixed it with wood filler, and filled the holes in, in the cork.

I will try to sand it tomorrow, then I am going to use, thread hardener, to seel it with.
The rod length over all is 6' 2". Hope you are all keeping well, and staying away from the virus, we only have 1 case of the virus, in Western aust", that person just arrived from overseas, there is plenty of work over here, as all the people that normally go over seas for their holiday, are touring WA instead.     Cheers     Don

Good luck Don!!!!

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Gee Wayne you do look after me, got me beat why Jennifer tells me your useless, hope you both had a good week away, & thanks again, now the story about the handle, as you can see I used brown wood filler & ground brown cork, through the cheese greater, when I forced it into the original part of the cork, it looked more like white, after I sanded it, then painted some thread hardener on it, then it devellopt the natural brown colour, I really should have left it with the one coat, but as it was my first try with this kind of restoration, I placed a second coat on it, that made it look like, it was varnish, I used, with the original cork & the wine bottle cork on the end, I use a two pack epoxy to stick it to the handle, there was a  one eight of an inch between the end of the handle & the end of the cork, so I also place some of the wood filler & cork shavings in there, as with the first pic, the sticker has Canada then major rods, on it, I have done some surching on the nett, trying to find were I maybe able to get a new sticker from , with know luck, so far. thanks again Wayne, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Rivverrat

If all else fails a print shop should be able to do a copy & print a decal. I think finding an original could be a hard thing... Jeff

droppedit

If you can find the image for this I can make a waterslide decal off my Alps printer. I found this one but it needs a bit of work on photoshop. If you know someone that is good at photoshop or an image editor have them clean it up and send the file to me and I'll print a few up for you. Sorry I can't be more help but I'm really out staight on the house.

Dave
Some days the supply of available curse words is insufficient to meet my demands.

http://www.turnerscustomrods.com

Donnyboat

Gee Dave thanks for your offer, I will try to print the one you have on here, & see what I can organize, I know a couple of people that maybe able to do it, that would save any trouble with postage & so on.
      Dave I got the idea of using thread hardener, from what you had demonstrated on the forum one time, if you would like to comment about, how many coats I should have used, I think the 1 coat, had it looking more of a flat vintage affect, I also could have used a bit more filler, but it looks more vintage as is.
     Jeff thanks for your input to.
    Now back to that bloke, Wayne when he arrived home, he found my email that I had sent about 5 days earlier, so he sent me a reply that he could take 2 or 3 Days to catch up before he could start this post, But Wayne managed to post it here the very same day, yes Wayne you really do look after me, many thanks, & looking forward to the report on you vocation. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat