What did you do worth sharing on Labor Day?

Started by gstours, September 07, 2020, 01:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As summer is still Apon us let's post some pictures here and enjoy the weather.   
   Here's a start,  my wife and I went for a walk on the local beach 🏝 and saw this pattern in the sand left be a receding tide.   Just saying.   And a few tracks of something big and hungry 😋.

gstours

Black bears walk the beach usually in the wee hours of morning looking for food.

Rancanfish

Great pics Gary.  For this years Labor Day, I'm going to turn 66 years old.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

David Hall

Quote from: Rancanfish on September 07, 2020, 02:55:46 PM

I did that just a few days ago.  not much different that 65 except now I can draw SSI without penalty.

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on September 07, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

I did that just a few days ago.  not much different that 65 except now I can draw SSI without penalty.

SSI...???    Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Swami805

Ridiculously hot here so we're doing nothing, but we're doing it well.
Actually I spent the morning rebuilding a 724 Harnell, switching into sloth mode now.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

David Hall

Quote from: Dominick on September 07, 2020, 05:05:23 PM

SSI...???    Dominick
you know, Social Security Income.

Gfish

I'm not gonna Labor today, nor am I gonna get paid, as I'm no longer a Teamster. Good to get medical benifits though, but I think the company owners got that perc to keep us migrating to onea the other 2 companies. "Union Yes!"
So, you don't needa see a pic of me laying around---it's too windy to fish today. Maybe I can start some trouble tomorrow at work: "you know, when I was in a union shop we had..."
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on September 07, 2020, 06:37:47 PM
Quote from: Dominick on September 07, 2020, 05:05:23 PM

SSI...???    Dominick

SSI is for disability income.  Supplemental Security Income.  I was worried that you were on a disability.  Whew!  Dominick
you know, Social Security Income.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Nice pics Gary. Those fresh bears paw prints would make me want to have a big gun in a holster if I was walking that same beach.

Happy birthday Randy !! Make a wish a blow out all the candles and tap your heels together 3 times....oh well, it was worth a try anyhoo

I built Olympic size swimming pool out of bricks Saturday/Sunday. Today taking it easy in 98° shade
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

happyhooker

Rained here (SW MN) most of the day.  Temps settled in the mid-40s (this was after mid '80s on Sunday).  Snuck out between the raindrops for a bicycle ride in the AM; didn't wear gloves & hands felt like big ice cubes.

Frank

tincanary

Caught a mess of perch fishing the flats of Lake St Clair.  I ended up with 24, one below the limit.  Hooked into a lot of dinks in the process but they went back.  I fried them up that evening and me and the wife had a great meal.  She never had perch before and now wants more.

gstours

Thanks for sharing your day.  Every time you have a chance go outside and get fresh air.   Heaven can wait.

gstours

Today we saw a cow and calf moose thinking about shooting some hoops.