alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Whisker SS
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
February 26, 2021, 01:04:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whisker SS  (Read 3544 times)
philaroman
Photo Group

« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »

For me a baitrunner is more about being able to set the rod down in a hurry to grab another rod. Just click and drop, must quicker than twist, twist, twist and drop. However it is also nice to just turn the handle or flip a switch and you have the drag set precisely how you want it.  I bought my first 4500 in the early 90's(still fish it) and have been hooked on them since. Now working on them is a little more intense, I will give you that. I have a set of the second generation but just started looking into the first year all black ones. I have just been looking on the bay but they are priced to high for me  Grin

I have a 300 & 450 (each, parts/repair bought cheap) in various stages of restore/upgrade/up-bling,
can offer a few bargain-hunting/frankensteining tips, if you're interested in ole' original 3-digits
they're pretty simple, aside from the secondary drag which can be serviced as a unit...  some of the time, within reason
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: