Tuna and More !! (Picture Heavy)

Started by Hardy Boy, September 08, 2020, 09:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

I'm lucky enough to live in a part of the world where we get a good variety of fishing opportunities. This time of year we can get albacore tuna off of Northern Van. Island. A buddy invited me out for some fishing. We got out to the tuna grounds twice (40 to 60 miles off shore), we did not slay them but we were into 10 on the first day and 6 the second (the tuna moved ??). Weather was great and the fish were large with the biggest being 25 lbs and the smallest 12 lbs with most 17 lbs. The best thing about the west coast is you pass over good bottom fishing spots coming home ........................... and we took advantage. The tuna fishing was better two weeks ago but it was fun none the less. Oh the halibut spot was 520 feet and I did not bring my electric. ......................... arms are a little sore.  ;D

Cheers:

Todd

Todd

Hardy Boy

more:
Todd

ReelFishingProblems

Maxed Out

Just an average day in Hardy Boy's neck of the woods.

Nice grade of Albies. Fresh tuna is on the menu in Port Hardy. Wish I could say the same for myself. Did your tuna all come on the troll ??
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Hardy Boy

All on the troll Ted. We do not have access to live bait here like you guys do. The troll is fun but that live bait is way fun !!

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

steelfish

yaik !! only in my dreams to fish like that !

congrats compadre
The Baja Guy

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

ldoret94

Todd,

Man, Mook and I need to come up for a visit ;D

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

Definitely a Bucket List fish for me...albacore!  Good job brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

scrinch

Looks like a great time, Todd! Who needs to fish in Mexico when you can come home with tuna and halibut and rockfish fishing right in your own backyard?

gstours

Nice trip Toddy boy,  you did a grand slam for the fishing bunch.  Great eating fish,  Great smiles, Great weather, Great everything.
   Thanks for sharing your pictures and story.   Glad for you.   Thanks :D

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Donnyboat

Nice Day out Todd, good report & great memories, thanks cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat