Is this how it starts? (4500SS project)

Started by JasonGotaProblem, September 10, 2020, 03:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

Some of my coworkers found out I am working on my 8500SS and as of today i have someone's 4500SS on my desk to refurb. Is this how it starts?
This post may end up containing questions about the reel but I haven't opened it up yet.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

philaroman

beyond salvage
only good for parts
take it off his hands ;)

steelfish

it actually start when you give that 4500ss to your buddy and the reel is working flawlessly, the he smile like a child and say, I will share this with all my friends, next morning you will have more reels in your desk or a stranger knocking on your house door asking if you are Mr. reel repair man, because he has 13 reels that need to be checked out.

The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

Got to the office today to find 2 additional reels on my desk. I thought I was kidding.

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on September 15, 2020, 02:13:14 PM
Got to the office today to find 2 additional reels on my desk. I thought I was kidding.

I told you !!
The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

My peaceful protest, it seems, is to take my dear sweet time starting on them. I said protest not deterrent because i feel like I can benefit from the practice.

Still havent cracked the first one open yet. But i keep telling myself I will tonight. Many tonights in a row.

JasonGotaProblem

How long is a full service on a reel supposed to take for someone with experience? I gave the 4500 and good clean up and grease down in about 3 hours. But a lot of that was fighting with a frozen line roller (that still doesnt move like I'd want it to). I didn't expect to find actual rust on the roller. I didnt realize there was any iron involved. Learn something new every day i guess.

Update: my coworkers sheer joy to have his late father's old reel back, and working like a champ, was worth every bit of the effort and sacrificed sleep.

I wish I had done a before/after on it. This thing was a mess.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D