News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

Quote from: broadway on October 12, 2020, 02:34:29 AM
Justin, Nice words.  Wallace was a good guy with a heck of a sense of humor and plenty of knowledge.  Hey, if there's room I would like to squeeze in on that fishing trip with you, Sal, and Wallace some day...
I believe this fits with your reply... https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=16060.0
Col, I agree, robbed indeed.  I still hope to meet you in person some day, and when we do we will toast to our pal, Sal.
Warm regards,
Dom

Dom, We will indeed my friend, as soon as this world gets back to normal, We shall meet up and toast Sal together...

Col

Joao Tavares

I never met Sal or anyone from this Ohana family, but he always found time to share his knowledge and give advice even to people he never met before.

Reading the news of his passing gave me goose bumps just like if I knew him personaly.

What a sad day.

My deepest condolences to the family. RIP good man.
João

Shark Hunter

Sal was a Legend.
I am honored to have known him.
He took me under his wing in more ways than one.
True Wisdom from a Man that did things right.
My deepest Condolences to The Ciarlante family in this tough time.
You will be deeply missed my Brother. :'(
Life is Good!

Jeri

A sad loss to our community, never met him, but always enjoyed his contributions.

Condolences to his family. and may he rest in peace.

CapeFish

So sorry to hear this, condolences to Sals family

AC49

So sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to the family . Those are big shoes that will never be filled.

Kind Regards
Alan

Porthos

I only conversed with him here but never had the chance to meet him in person and shake his hand...one more regret that I must bear.

Cathy, my profound condolences to you and your family.

Jeri

If someone could relay these words, unfortunately not my own, but the sentiment helped me considerably after the loss of my father.

Henry Scott Holland (1847-1918)
Canon of St. Paul's Cathedral

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
I am I, and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

Call me by my old familiar name,
speak to me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone;
wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort, without ghost of a shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was; there is absolutely unbroken continuity.

What is this death, but a negligible accident.
Why should I be out of mind, because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you for an interval,
somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well.

54bullseye

Sad news for sure ! Like many others Sal was there to greet me when new on the board and was always there to compliment or add to your posts. He built a few smaller Tiburon kits for me and he did an outstanding job on my 20/0 !!!! My thoughts go out to all Sal's family there is a guy who will be sorely missed by all !!!  RIP SAL !!!   Your friend  John Taylor

Erich_K

I knew Sal from both here and our vintage Penn facebook group, he and I chatted a couple times. I was fortunate to buy a reel from him and we talked about him making some of those wild knobs he's known for. He hinted at his health problems but didn't want anyone to know and I offered help but he wouldn't take it. He was a very special & proud man and will be missed by many.

OldSchool

I never knew Sal personally but i did read his posts and he did inspire me to do weird stuff to my fishing reels. His personality leapt from the pages and I can say I really liked the guy. Thanks for your contributions and my condolences to your family, im sure you would be sorely missed by a lot of people.

Penn

Very sad to hear.  Deepest condolences to your family Cathy.  Sal was a great man and will be missed dearly on this site. 

tony 

Hamachi

The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

handi2

I'm just now seeing this. I was choking up. I had no idea.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Dominick

I know under these circumstances there are no words that can make one feel like it is okay when someone close to you or admired from afar passes away.  One thing that comforted me were the words "that a person is not gone until the last person who knew him has died."  Given the permanency of the written text and photos on the internet Sal will be with us for decades to come.  RIP paisano you will not be forgotten and always remembered with fondness and respect. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.