News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcq

I'm shocked!! I haven't been here for a while for a bunch of reason, the last thing I expected is  news like this, life is short unfortunately. R.I.P Sal you will be missed

Marc..

alantani

There is a possibility that his wife will have a memorial service for him, but I'm guessing that the increasing numbers of covid cases are going to complicate things.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Benni3

Quote from: alantani on August 15, 2021, 03:30:01 AM
There is a possibility that his wife will have a memorial service for him, but I'm guessing that the increasing numbers of covid cases are going to complicate things.
I would like to know if there still going to have it in September.

broadway

Benni,
   I don't know for sure but I doubt it. Too much covid still around.
Cathy will let ya know when the time is right for her and her family.
I look forward to memorializing our friend, Sal as well. He deserve it ...and then some.
Miss you Sal,
Dom

Benni3

Quote from: broadway on September 11, 2021, 03:31:48 PM
Benni,
   I don't know for sure but I doubt it. Too much covid still around.
Cathy will let ya know when the time is right for her and her family.
I look forward to memorializing our friend, Sal as well. He deserve it ...and then some.
Miss you Sal,
Dom
Yes my friend,,,,we just miss him.

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to my Alan Tani Family,

Please forgive me for not posting in a while! I am trying my hardest to keep up with work and taking care of my mother, and most days I struggle to keep up with it all!

I wanted this site to be the first place that I post this information, because you all meant so much to Sal! I was so hoping that, if I waited and kept patient long enough, we would be completely on the other side of this pandemic and I could feel 100% comfortable that I could hold a lovely memorial service, to honor my husband's beautiful life, while taking care to keep everyone safe. I never anticipated a new variant and, please forgive me for saying this, but who knows if there isn't another one waiting in the wings? As much as I know that not everyone will feel comfortable with this (and I truly understand and respect that!) I also don't want to wait more than one year to memorialize a truly wonderful man. With widespread access to vaccinations (and now, for some, booster shots) I feel that I can now hold a memorial service.

Although there would be no perfect time, I scheduled the memorial for Saturday, October 9, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. at Stretch Funeral Home, 236 E. Eagle Road, Havertown, PA 19083. That date is the first anniversary of Sal's passing, so I feel that the date is meaningful and I am working around all of Sal's brothers getting back to the states, so I don't have a wide window of time. I also feel confident that the weather shouldn't cause any hinderance, as early October is generally calm.

As Sal loved nothing more than having his family and friends (especially his fishing buddies) in his home, I would like to extend an invitation to you all, to come to our home, after the service. We live just around the corner from the funeral home and the director will give the short directions out, on the day of the service. I will have Sal's front display room open and, for those who really want to glimpse at where the madness took place, you will be welcome to peek into the workroom that I have preserved in the exact state it was in, all those months ago, when Sal left for the hospital. A word of warning...it isn't pretty!

It is truly with the heaviest heart that I have to plan such a difficult day. Thank you, all, for your continued love, support and kindness!