Ambassadeur 5000 label removal

Started by Swami805, September 11, 2020, 10:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swami805

Anyone know a good way to remove the labels on the edge of the side plate without messing up the paint underneath?  Heat? Some type of solvent?  Plates are black so pretty much any damage will show
Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Dominick

Quote from: Swami805 on September 11, 2020, 10:43:35 PM
Anyone know a good way to remove the labels on the edge of the side plate without messing up the paint underneath?  Heat? Some type of solvent?  Plates are black so pretty much any damage will show
Thanks

Soak it with WD 40.  It dissolves the adhesive slowly but it will rub off.  I don't think it would hurt paint.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ruffy

Tea tree oil is my go to for all sticker removal. Awesome stuff, smells good, and have never had it damage the paint beneath.

Cheers,
Andrew

oc1

Under the labels it is anodized aluminum right?  I pulled the labels off a silver one with a pick.  There was some residual glue but no paint loss.
-steve

tincanary

I start them with a fingernail then they tend to pull right off.  The adhesive comes right off with Zep orange cleaner or something like Goo Gone.  Sometimes the stickers sort of get cemented to the side plates and pulling them off doesn't work, then I reach for the WD40.

tholmes

I've used naphtha (Ronsonol lighter fluid) with good results.

Tom

Swami805

Peeled off in one peace, a little glue residue that came off with some kroil. Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are