Help with level wind idler gear

Started by Swami805, September 15, 2020, 06:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

Quote from: mo65 on September 15, 2020, 05:41:42 PM
   Great work Tincanary! I've never gotten one to spin that free...I would prolly birdnest that dude. 8)

That one had no brake blocks installed when I shot the video, but as it is right now, it has the lightweight blue blocks.  Much more manageable lol.  It's my steelhead float reel.  Bobber down!

oc1

Wow.  That's amazing free spool.
-steve

Ruffy

My bad, I was thinking the gear attached to the level wind. All good, you got the info you needed, I use the braid trick as well.

Tin Canary, that free spool is impressive. Never used the polishing wheel that came with my dremel, time to bust it out!

Cheers,
Andrew

tincanary

Quote from: Ruffy on September 15, 2020, 08:50:39 PM
My bad, I was thinking the gear attached to the level wind. All good, you got the info you needed, I use the braid trick as well.

Tin Canary, that free spool is impressive. Never used the polishing wheel that came with my dremel, time to bust it out!

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks.  I used Blue Magic polishing paste, readily available at auto parts stores.  Polish the mentioned areas to a mirror shine and use alcohol and Q-tips to remove any leftover residue.  You can get a set of assorted polishing pads and tips on Amazon for less than $20.  This is the set I got https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJINV42/

Here's a brake drum prior to polishing

and after.

This brake plate is from a fresh out of the box 4600 C3.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are