New Rod Clamps (33N-113 Clamp)

Started by jgp12000, January 21, 2022, 12:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I am ignorant on these new clamps does anyone know the purpose of the side ring, I assumed it was for a hook .I read it was an overboard hole? Should it face forward or aft, does it matter, what it the proper use of these?

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/33N-113.aspx

Wompus Cat

You can hook it to your Belt so the Fish has an equal opportunity to pull you in  ,tie the rod to the rail so it won't go fishing by itself,cigarette Holder ,
Large Size Noodle extruding device, and I guess you could use it to hold the Hook .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

thorhammer

ususlaly says Penn on  it- orient so it reads correctly which I believe points the ear down so you can hook rod leash. I more often use as hook keeper as it keeps hook point away from rod and reel.

jgp12000

Thor excuse my ignorance, when you say down do you mean toward the handle or the rod tip?

thorhammer

NP, down towards handle. When I first saw them I thought it was bass-akwards to point a hook keeper that way, but it's really for a leash. On a rod where I'd never use a leash I put them on upside-down because better as a hook keeper. I just have to mentally tell myself the fish could give two poopies about it even if it aggravates me with the text upside-down!!! The new International's have an iron-ally clamp that's designed thusly. They are really stout.

John

Gfish

Maybe try it both ways to see how it works with your hand(s) grip. I use mine as rod leash only, I like the hook attached to the reel side, somewhere on the reel, as I'm always grabbing the rig by the rod handle
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!