alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial New "Slow-Pitch" rods and reels
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
October 21, 2021, 02:08:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New "Slow-Pitch" rods and reels  (Read 1488 times)
boon and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
redsetta

Auckland, New Zealand

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2021, 07:05:40 AM »

Power and Mech jigging are generally off the rod, whereas the others are (again generally) off the reel.
This shows their technique well (though I've never tried it - mech jigging's my thing):
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:08:46 AM by redsetta » Logged

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2021, 04:34:03 AM »

I just watched this:

Looks like how I've fished skampis since the 70s. One of the reason I like Sabers over the new super thin broom sticks is that they will let the lure swim. Getting hit on the drop has always been the norm.

Nikola showed me a rod designed to not fight a fish because it was cranked in with a reel, that doesn't seem like fishing.

I'm not talking bad about the technique, I'm sure there are details I am not aware of that make it unique; but my bottom line still holds true: Put some smashed lead with a hook on the bottom and catch fish. Everything else is designed to catch fisherman.

The Man

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
Gfish
Gfish

What? Me worry?

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2021, 04:31:29 PM »

Whoa! Thanks Tunanorth, Justin and Ron. Thatís my thinking, go light for bottom fish, itís more fun. Why pump and crank up 2 - 4 Rockfish at a time(a West Coast thing in the US) with a pound plus of extra lead weight. Itís more work than fun.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 04:33:09 PM by Gfish » Logged

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2021, 02:30:49 AM »

Whoa! Thanks Tunanorth, Justin and Ron. Thatís my thinking, go light for bottom fish, itís more fun. Why pump and crank up 2 - 4 Rockfish at a time(a West Coast thing in the US) with a pound plus of extra lead weight. Itís more work than fun.
Alan figured that out...
Batteries!

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
sabaman1

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2021, 03:12:08 AM »

I can definitely attest that it is a lot of fun hooking a large rockfish or the likes on light line with the slow pitch technique. Super bendo!!! Smiley Cool

JIM
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: