Huge bluefin sightings

Started by Maxed Out, September 22, 2020, 12:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

Quote from: Brewcrafter on September 23, 2020, 03:02:23 AM
That is a beautiful combo!  Did you hydro the reel or did it come with that pattern on it, they both look awesome and together really set each other off nicely! - john

it came with that finish on it.  its a 10th anniversary SEA model, Charkbait has a limited supply of their entire lineup like this 15IIT, 20II,30 and 50.

David Hall

Quote from: Keta on September 23, 2020, 03:02:43 AM
Nice rod, I can't believe you twisted it.    ;D

I know Lee it was perfectly straight but then I am a bit twisted myself, or so Ive been told.

"No one does better work than John. That tuna looks like it was woven into the graphite.
Very impressive, I hope you enjoy it. Tell her she done good!
The Man"

Ron I share the same opinion of Jons rod work, I have been building a nice little collection of them for a few years. I told him I wanted to match the colors of the reel and also I wanted a BFT kinda theme.  he took it from there and actually made a colorized transfer from an image he found, does something to color and stabilize it then transfers it to the blank, it really does look like thread work, I really have no idea how he did it.  must be a JV secret.
All I know is he once again exceeded my expectations

David Hall

Quote from: sabaman1 on September 23, 2020, 02:48:03 AM
David that is an awesome combo, a true bluefin slayer! Hopefully you get an opportunity soon to put the wood to them.

That is all I think about anymore, if I don't get the chance to try it soon for BFT Ill take it to Mexico on my next trip and try it on Yellowfin.

bluefish69

We have GOOD YELLOW FIN fishing here on Long Island N.Y. going on now. Boats are catching their legal limits.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

thorhammer

Mike! where have you been hiding? Good to hear out of you.

bluefish69

I check 2-3 times a day. If I have nothing to say then I'm quiet. I used to work with the Captain that owns the Hunter. He is 3rd. Gen. at the job & i knew his Grand Father who owned the Amberjack back in the 60's.

Mike

Dominick

Hey Mike good to hear from you.  You do go way back.  What was Lincoln like?   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bluefish69

Dominick

We used the same color Beard Dye. Really COOL GUY till that night.

MIKE

still can't post pictures

Ron Jones

Quote from: bluefish69 on September 24, 2020, 11:26:19 PM
Dominick

We used the same color Beard Dye. Really COOL GUY till that night.

MIKE

I will be laughing about that for the rest of the night!
Thanks
The Man

still can't post pictures
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"