Sealine anti-reverse upgrade?

Started by Mrc70, September 22, 2020, 10:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrc70

Hello everyone.  Just curious if there is a way, aside form an ARB to upgrade the anti reverse on the sl20sh, sl30sh or x20sha, x30sha reels?  Anyone have any failures?  I have not had any failures on my Sealines, I am simply curious if anyone has a cool, easy upgrades.. :)

jzman

I know the handle backplay of these reels are crazy bad (in two spots of the anti-reverse gear) in comparison to modern reels, but I don't think you can put an anti-reverse clutch in the sloshs or sealine-x.  I remember there was a posting asking if they could replace the sealine anti-reverse gear with a saltist or saltiga, but I don't think anyone followed up on it.

Aside from that, these reels are solid.  I have both a SL20SH (aluminum frame upgrade) and a SL-X30SHA.  

Possible upgrades: Carbontex drag, beefier handle, Aluminum frames SL20SH (no longer made).

If I can recall, the (white?) Grandwaves come with anti-reverse clutch AND spring loaded anti-reverse dog.

Cor

I have used these reels extensively for about 20 years and have not experienced any significant issues with the AR system.
These are still some of the most reliable reels around and can take quite a lot of abuse.

• If you have excessive grease around the pawl it may hang up or be too slow to click in to place.   Just a little oil is needed, but it seems to collect grease from the main gear.

• The spring may break.
Cornelis

Mrc70

Thanks guys. I have also used these reels a lot without any failures.