Penn 2/0 Senator . Is good for ??

Started by Lalo13, September 25, 2020, 01:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lalo13

Hello all .  So recently I got my hands on a Senator 2/0 in awesome shape . What type of fishing is it good for ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Benni3

Quote from: Lalo13 on September 25, 2020, 01:55:11 AM
Hello all .  So recently I got my hands on a Senator 2/0 in awesome shape . What type of fishing is it good for ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Any freshwater,,,,, ;) I got a 1/0 uncle sal,,,,upgraded,,,, :D I would guess up to a 40lb fish,,,,, :o I need to try it out more,,,,,,, ;D

Lalo13

oc1

It's a really versatile reel.  Look at that freaking snook!
-steve

Gfish

I have one. Has low speed gearing. Good for bottom fishing and trolling. Will cast pretty well too. Good 30lb. reel.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rancanfish

I have a couple that were meant to be used for salmon trolling lead ball releases, but are not going to be used.  I'm going with the narrow 113h instead. (T4XN).
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Brewcrafter

Hey, if Benni signs off on it you know it's gonna it's be useful - he flat get's on the fish!  I have never got to play with any Senator smaller than my 113's but hopefully someday I will get to lay hands on a 3/0 or 2/0 just to fish with one and learn.- john

Ron Jones

The thing I like about that reel is that the spool size, which was used on a lot of reels, is a very good do all reel. It is very slow, but it has the strongest guts for that spool. Shallow water on the bottom is where it does well. I haven't done it yet, but it has got to be a great jetti reel, get the fish up off the rocks and winch it in against the waves.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Lalo13

You guys :) are awesome , thank you very much !!!