Tutorial Shimano Citica 200e

Started by coastalobsession, December 20, 2011, 07:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalobsession

Ok here is one of my personal bay reels. The Shimano Citica 200e was probably the best but of all the Shimano baitcasters in the last two years. The citcia is a step down from the curado; instead of having a bearing on the drive shaft it has a bushing, which is not that much of a difference.
I originally had about 10lbs of drag but now with a Ht 100 main drag washer it has around 13 to 14lbs of drag.
It holds 110yards of 50lb braid. I currently have 40lb Fins windtamer spooled on it.
This reel is defiantly worth its salt!

Schematics: http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/userpics/09CI200E_v1_m56577569830654409.pdf

Sorry i didnt get a pic of all the parts layed out

Since the worm gear was in excellent shape I just added a couple of drops of oil to it and spread it on

Now Grease the frame on the side that holds the gears

Next get all the Drive shaft parts together and assemble in order: Drive shaft, idle gear (2400), Drive shaft retainer (3818), Drive shaft bushing (3521), Washer (2144), and c-clip (686). Apply a light coat of yamaha marine grease to the shaft before assembly.

Install the drive shaft assembly in the frame using the screws (11)

Now installed the super free bearing. Make sure you grease the bearing so it is super smooth

Install the clutch pawl spring (2168) and the clutch pawl (3828)

Next install the clutch cam (3924)

Now Coat the top of the bearing, cam and screw holes in a light film of yamaha grease. Then install the clutch cam retainer and screw it in with screws (1636)

Now install the level wind protector (3952)

Get together the main gear/Drag components

Now install the Anti reverse ratchet (3916) and drag washer(3915)

Now grease the new carbon fiber Ht 100 drag washer with cals or abu teflon grease and install it into the main gear (3951) along with the key washer (2430)

Now  install it onto the drive shaft and grease the gear with yamaha grease

Next install the pinion (3953) and the yoke (3495), along with the yoke springs (1419). You can lose the yoke springs easily and if so find a old bic pen spring that matches and use that.

Install the bearing on the right side plate along with the spool tension spring (3478). Oil the bearing with a tiny drop of oil.

Now install the cast control cap (3950)

Go ahead and put a light coat of yamaha grease on the right side plate and install the 3 screws. The longest screw goes on top.

Next install the beveled washers (15) in either the () or )( position

Install the star drag spacer (2127)

Now install the nut (3473) along with the star drag spring (4035)

Then install the drag star (3946) along with the clicker plate (3208). Go ahead and put a light coat of grease on top of the clicker plate to prevent corrosion on handle

Install the handle with a light coat of yamaha grease by the drive shaft hole to prevent corrosion

Now install the other nut (2117)

Then install the handle retainer (3944) with the screw (2119)

Next install the other bearing on the left side plate along with the retainer clip (32)

Screw in final screw (3931)

Install spool and close side plate

Free spool right at 50

FINISHED

Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

coastalobsession

NOTE: I removed the anti reverse pawl because it causes more problems than good. It also has a aftermarket handle. To get a long free spool it helps to pollish the pinion gear and spool shaft with mothers.

inhotpursuit

Why would you remove the anti reverse dog ? the  oneway bearings have been known to break,i have never had problems with the AR dog on any of my shimano baitcasters,the only reason i can see is that you can put in a larger rachet drag washer , that causes a bit of a conundrum strong drag/weak anti reverse

coastalobsession

I have had a couple of reels that it came off ang got lodged in to th main gear and screwed it up. The anti reverse roller bearing in actually really strong. The reel can handle 20lb snapper with no prob. Plus I have a ton of the anti reverse roller bearings that I can get got 1 dollar a piece.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coastalobsession

Craig N

Hey Coastal,

What handle did you put on and why? Is it longer for more power? Was there a failure with the stock handle?

Thanks for the tutorial!
-CN

coastalobsession

Quote from: Craig N on December 28, 2011, 06:30:17 AM
Hey Coastal,

What handle did you put on and why? Is it longer for more power? Was there a failure with the stock handle?

Thanks for the tutorial!
-CN
One of the nuts on the paddle grips got screwed up so I replaced it. Same size...

kc8588

like to know what is the thickness for the carbon fiber Ht 100 drag washer?

i have done the same rebuild/maintenance, but getting 4.5# of drag pressure....

does thekey washer (2430) have a top or bottom orientation?

HalBrown

No, it is flat on both sides.  Some will put a high polish on the side they put down on the drag washers.

jstaff545

I would like to do this upgrade on my Citica.. However, your pictures are no longer showing up.  Can you send them to me or re-post them?  Thank you in advance.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

Justinskywest

I just did a supertune on 4 of these today. I replaced the bearings with boca orange seals and yielded 1:40 of freespool.  I'm havingan issue with the anti reverse pawl creating noise while reeling. I'm not a huge fan of packing parts with grease, but it seems like that's the only way to stop it. If anyone has a remedy for that issue I'd love to hear it