6 more days!!!!

Started by alantani, September 26, 2020, 10:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Yes thanks, good report & memories, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

sabaman1

Very nice report, sounds like some real good fishing was had. Hope that the deckhands health improves soon.
JIM

Bryan Young

Sounds like you guys had a blast!!!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

How big was Mikes kite BFT in that picture?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Tiddlerbasher

Thanks for the report - great trip - stuff I can only dream of.

Wally15

Quote from: MarkT on October 11, 2020, 03:33:44 AM
It was about the smallest BF boated. Maybe 150 lbs. I played him for maybe 10 minutes, then my old VN buddy Tom Robinson played him for 10 minutes or so, then Rich had the honors of bringing it to gaff. It was fortunate that we 3 had a chance to play the fish since our BF fishing was cut short. Alan was adjusting the rotation so everyone would have a shot at a BF when we had to head in.
I hope Alan posts the vid of Lee fighting that supercow. You ever heard the story about a monkey and a football???
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

JK47

Hamachi

Hand rolls with all the fix'ns. End results. My daughter in law says she'll bring this every time I catch fish! (Not pictured, nori and sushi rice, strawberry shortcake, vanilla ice cream). I didn't get one but thanks to Ohana I got to enjoy! Thanks everyone!

Warren
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

sabaman1

Hamachi, is the lighter colored meat the tuna belly? Lots of nice marbling.
JIM

MarkT

Quote from: Wally15 on October 11, 2020, 07:21:48 PM
Quote from: MarkT on October 11, 2020, 03:33:44 AM
It was about the smallest BF boated. Maybe 150 lbs. I played him for maybe 10 minutes, then my old VN buddy Tom Robinson played him for 10 minutes or so, then Rich had the honors of bringing it to gaff. It was fortunate that we 3 had a chance to play the fish since our BF fishing was cut short. Alan was adjusting the rotation so everyone would have a shot at a BF when we had to head in.
I hope Alan posts the vid of Lee fighting that supercow. You ever heard the story about a monkey and a football???
GA Mike
Mine from Monday 10/5... 226# on the kite with a flying fish. Note the Alan Tani t-shirt too!

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Hamachi

Yes, sabaman 1 that is the otoro belly meat of one of the larger bluefin. Even though I didn't catch one, we got to enjoy it thanks to Ohana. Melts like butter. Crazy good! But be careful, all that fatty belly meat expands afterwards. (Or feels like it does). Full.

Hamachi

Alans Buddy

Any pics of the super?!!!

Keta

I will post after I feel it is time. Sal's passing hit me hard.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alans Buddy