From Don

Started by Crow, September 27, 2020, 11:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Don, hope you're not discarding the nodules. Those are a delicacy. Just grind em up and add to your cup of tea  :D  :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Quote from: Maxed Out on October 09, 2020, 11:15:02 PM
Don, hope you're not discarding the nodules. Those are a delicacy. Just grind em up and add to your cup of tea  :D  :D

;D ;D ;D

Maybe Don should not fish near the nuclear power plant.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Donnyboat

Thanks Ted, maybe it will strengthen my back, yes Dominik, the UK did do nuclear trial on some of the islands, about 3,000 miles North West of here, back in the 40`s n 50`s, but I only find the nodule in snapper, you would think it would effect all fish. thanks & cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

More photos of the Blue Bone Grouper from Don,  Here is his last email & attached photos.

Hi Mr Wayne, sending some pics of a blue bone that pat caught yesterday,
it doe not show to good but his teeth are blue on the ends,
also a nice pic of the different colours in his eyes, maybe the was cos it was looking @ me,

cheers Don

Pat also caught a black snapper about 5.5 kgs, I got a school shark about 5 ft long.

We went out again this morning but the wind was getting stronger on the way, so we came straight back to port.

Dangest creatures Downunder, for sure Don, BUTT where is the photo of Pat's 5.5 kgs Black Snapper (or just over 12 lbs), Inquiring minds what to see her fish!!!!

Wayen
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Donnyboat

Sorry Wayne about know pics of Pats black snapper, the fillets were about to be cryvaced, when I thought of taking the pics of the blue bone head, & I had sectioned the spine for eating as well, Pat is camera shy, I wanted her to hold the blue bone that we first photograph, but know go.
     I must admit, she done a good job of landing the black snapper, using her electric reel, & me on the net, Pat first said that I might have to take over, but I suggested to her to back of on the speed of the electric reel, that way less chance of pulling the hook, & not as taxing on her hands & shoulders, it was taking some drag a few times, but I had my money on the old girl, yee haa, not bd considering she is mid 70`s.
       the black snapper is a Morwong, some people say there not much to eat, others say they would swap a pink snapper for a Morwong any day, cheers Don. 
Don, or donnyboat