Penn Californian rods

Started by Bill B, October 01, 2020, 02:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

So I was surfing the local digital classifieds this weekend and a guy had two Penn Californian rods for sale, $25 each!  😱  A couple emails and I was out the door 🚀  I have a couple other Californians and really like the rods. 👍These two are an older version but perfect for my fishing needs.  Going to mount Penn 320's on them. They look like NOS the only give away are the dried fish scales on the butts.  For those that don't know, the Californian is sold by a Southern California sporting goods chain called Turners Outdoorsman.  What had my head scratching was the boss was a little TOO eager to let me get them, until I got home and she showed me her new pair of shoes....on the bright side I got two new rods 😂😂😂
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Maxed Out

Dang nice score Bill !!

Nice to have something good come your way after all you've done for friends and neighbors, and stress from recent fires. Congrats and well deserved

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Eddie K

Real nice rods, good luck and tight lines with your acquisition.

Bill B

Thank you Eddie. And kind words from Ted.   I was originally going to use them as loaners, but I don't think so now. 😎  Heck they are in better shape than any of my other user rods.  Going to look into rod socks to keep them n good shape.  Bill

Brewcrafter

Awesome score Bill!  I have a C270C 7' that pretty much goes with me anytime I leave the dock, those are great rods! - john

oc1

There have been discussions here about Penn trade reels. 
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=18840.0
Wouldn't those be Penn trade rods?  Cool niche there Bill.
-steve

Aiala

What, no pic of the Boss's new shoes??   :D

Great score, hope you catch a ton with 'em...  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

thorhammer

Nice set Bill! No way I'd loan those. That's why they make Ugly Sticks, and they need love too :)

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bill B

So Aiala asked about the boss's shoes....here you go....

Bill B

Oooops those are mine 🤣🤣🤣🤣, here are mommas...