Tiagra 30

Started by cloudman, October 01, 2020, 11:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudman

Have just striped down and rebuilt a Tiagra 30
All appears ok except prior to the stripe down with the drag lever at free spool and the drag wound down to zero, pushing the drag lever to strike very little drag resulted
Now pushing the drag bevel towrds strike the drag appears to rise exponentially.
I thought i had  installed the gear the wrong way but checking the video I took, confirms they are correct
Any ideas would be welcome

Hamachi

Try backing the knob off until you get the desired drag where you want it. You can try taking that assembly (Adjustment knob) back apart and turn the cam 180. Make sure everything is nestled in there correctly. It's usually in that area if you paid close attention to detail and assembled everything correctly.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!

cloudman

Many thx will give it a try

Interestingly when drag is set to zero and drag lever moved to strike and the two speed button is pressed in the drag is almost zero as you'd expect. When the two speed button is released the drag engagement is large

Hamachi

Wait, whut? How are you bench testing it? Pulling line off a fully spooled reel? The drag and the gears are two completely different functions. The different gears shouldn't change the drag pressure. This is far beyond my pay grade. Doesn't make any sense to me, someone should be along soon that can help you.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!