VR Series vs VSX Series

Started by Scattergun2570, October 03, 2020, 05:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scattergun2570

Can anyone tell me all the differences between these two? Thanks

RUSTY OLD COLT

The VR series uses the same body and inner  components for the 125,150 ,175 and 200  reels . The 125 and 150 use the same rotor cup and the 175and 200 use the same rotor cup. , just the spools are different.You can change spools between a 125 and 150 with no other modifications . Also spools between a 175 and 200 interchange. The VR series are made for the new lighter surf rods and are easily taken apart to service .

Scattergun2570

Quote from: RUSTY OLD COLT on October 06, 2020, 05:11:13 PM
  The VR series uses the same body and inner  components for the 125,150 ,175 and 200  reels . The 125 and 150 use the same rotor cup and the 175and 200 use the same rotor cup. , just the spools are different.You can change spools between a 125 and 150 with no other modifications . Also spools between a 175 and 200 interchange. The VR series are made for the new lighter surf rods and are easily taken apart to service .

So the level of sealing is the same? Can be submerged and even reeled under water.? And it has a titanium shaft as well?

RUSTY OLD COLT

The level of sealing is the same ,both can be reeled under water. The VR is a lighter version for the new light wight rods made today.I think the VR series has a stainless steel shaft. Have a few friends that swim out to the rocks with them in Montauk for 2 seasons now and when they were serviced there was no water inside them. Give Craig a call at van staal he is a great guy to talk to .

Scattergun2570

Quote from: RUSTY OLD COLT on October 08, 2020, 02:19:51 AM
The level of sealing is the same ,both can be reeled under water. The VR is a lighter version for the new light wight rods made today.I think the VR series has a stainless steel shaft. Have a few friends that swim out to the rocks with them in Montauk for 2 seasons now and when they were serviced there was no water inside them. Give Craig a call at van staal he is a great guy to talk to .

When I went to the website,it said Purefishing ,but I don't see a number.

RUSTY OLD COLT

The phone number for pure fishing headquarters is 1-800-334-9105 maybe they can give you a phone or email address for Craig Cantelmo He is the field service manager . I think he is from Cutchogue NY . There is a you tube video on VanStaal by surfcasters journal that shows the VR series getting fully disassembled / reassembled and showing the differences in parts

Scattergun2570

Quote from: RUSTY OLD COLT on October 08, 2020, 01:12:11 PM
The phone number for pure fishing headquarters is 1-800-334-9105 maybe they can give you a phone or email address for Craig Cantelmo He is the field service manager . I think he is from Cutchogue NY . There is a you tube video on VanStaal by surfcasters journal that shows the VR series getting fully disassembled / reassembled and showing the differences in parts

Oh thanks..I'll look for that video for sure