Tyrnos 10 Handle Falling Off?

Started by JJL, December 21, 2011, 10:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJL

Hi guys, new guy here. Ive had my tyrnos 10 handle fall off 3 time this past summer. Apparently this has happened to a lot of people and is somewhat of a known problem. I called shimano about a month ago and told the guy about the problem. All he said was that i should send it back to them and nothing else. Has anyone ever had this happen to them and is there a permanent solution to this? Each time ive just put it back on myself which is annoying because of the construction of the tyrnos. Thanks for any help.

Bryan Young

The single speed has a handle nut set screw and the 2-speed has a hex lock that is combined with the gear shift.  I have not seen any handle falling off based on this.  Do you have any pics of the assembly before it fell off, and after?  Very curious to know how it has been falling off.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

akfish

I think he's referring to the handle knob falling off. I've seen that happen a few times. The best solution is a new handle, although that handle need not be from Shimano.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Bryan Young

Quote from: akfish on December 22, 2011, 03:59:45 PM
I think he's referring to the handle knob falling off. I've seen that happen a few times. The best solution is a new handle, although that handle need not be from Shimano.
Oh, now I don't feel smart at all... not at all.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JJL

It isn't just the knob at the end falling off. The shaft that connects the handle to the nut inside comes out which is connected to the handle with the nut inside moving all round after (may be hard to understand). I will disasemble tomorrow and post some pics.