2000 vs 2001

Started by sandbar, October 07, 2020, 11:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandbar

What is the difference between the 1000, 2000, 3,000 series vs the 1001, 2001, 3001?

Midway Tommy

Quote from: sandbar on October 07, 2020, 11:48:42 PM
What is the difference between the 1000, 2000, 3,000 series vs the 1000, 2000, 3000?

There is no difference in those you listed.   ;D There are, though, some subtle differences like spools & cranks/handles in the Champion 00, 01 & 02 versions. Fred can better articulate and specify the differences.

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

ALL of the Champion Series DAM Quick reels are excellent and durable performers — they will last a lifetime.

Steel worm drive pinions, bronze main gear, aircraft grade aluminum, robust and positive A/R's, able to function capably far above their target ranges, attractive, some unique adjustments that other reels do not have, skirted spools.

The main differences in the '00, '01, and '02 series are —

00 is black and silver, 01 is a black-out theme with larger drag surfaces, 02 is the same as a 01 — except the spool is graphite skirted instead of aluminum.

As far as I know — I am fortunate to have the largest selection of parts for these DQ Champions anywhere in the world.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

sandbar

Thanks Guys
I thought maybe the '01 series was high speed.
I didn't know there was an '02 series.

-Steve