stories and pictures of alto mare

Started by alantani, October 11, 2020, 05:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

if you have any good stories and photos of sal, please post them here.  he never did start a gallery and i'm looking for old photos.  thanks!!!!!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Here are a few — Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Here are a few more —

Sal with a feast

Sal with Maggie

Maggie waiting for Dad

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rothmar2

Not a picture, but a memory of who Sal was.....

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27755.0

Deeply saddened by his passing. I hope I do get to meet him in another life.

broadway

When Sal toured the Penn plant he was in his glory. It was the first time we had met, however, we had shared years of communications, gifts, and helping one another.  I know Sal for a decade and these photos capture him doing what he loved most.  The only thing missing is a family photo because Sal was the epitome of a family man.  Fishing, food, friends, and his furry friend (Maggie) were other things that brightened his day which were captured nicely here.
Thanks for posting these,
Dom

reelrepair123

yeah   DOM,  such a great man and such a great loss.  very smart in reel repairing and building, very generous,  truly a big loss.   praying for sal and his family.   harryk

alantani

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 15, 2020, 05:33:24 PM

Hello guys, Sorry this took a while, I was trying to download this video and it gave me a hard time. I hope everything shows ok.
This short video was done 10 hours after the contest was over, so you could see that I did not open the box earlier, not that it matters anyway, I was way off with my guessing 😁

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Here are a few more photos from Facebook

Gfish

Thank you all for the pictures. Not even sure exactly why, but that video put a big smile on my face. Thanks for digging that one out Allen.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Miles Offshore

Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Beachmaster

Just learned of Sal's passing.  Rest easy and see you again someday!

Penn

Rest in peace Sal.  Thank you for rallying the troops and visiting the Factory a few years back.  You will be missed.

tony

Shark Hunter

Rest in Peace my Friend.
Life is Good!

mo65

Daron,
   That pic of Dominick and Sal is awesome. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

broadway

I remember that great shot... two "goodfellas"
Thanks D,
Dom