stories and pictures of alto mare

Started by alantani, October 11, 2020, 05:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I haven't been to the Cortez Conversions website in a while, but was pleasantly surprised to see Sal's photo on the home page.....

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Cortez_Conversions

Not a day goes by I don't think of Sal. It's only fitting.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

thorhammer

Tom is a class act the whole way....

I see Philly on a map, I think of Sal. I eat a cheesesteak, I think of eating them after the Penn tour. Perroni....yeah, Sal had them chilling in the snow when I went over there. I wear my yellow Columbia fishing shirt....that's what Sal had on when he picked me up at airport when first we met, and gripped my hand in the 10-ton vise of his grip.

broadway

Two solid dudes in my book, Sal and Tom. 
Sal loved Tom's work... we discussed it often.
Thanks for being you,
Dom

thorhammer

Three solids...count yourself in there, brother. Flew in to Newark this week and think about your stories every time I see the Freedom Tower.

broadway

Are you still here, bro?
Come over!!

Shark Hunter

Awesome!!!!!! ;D
Brothers in Arms. Solid!!!!!
Sal will never be forgotten.
Life is Good!

Bill B

Happy Fathers Day Sal.........you are missed.... Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

bhale1

I have to agree, Sal will never be forgotten by my family! He was so kind and generous to us.
And, Happy Fathers Day to all you AT dads!!!
Brett and the girls

thorhammer

Looking for a jiggy pic for Jason, and found this!!!! Dan and I at dinner at the Ciarlante's. Cathy took the pic. A fantastic hosting and food, such gracious folks. Of course we got the tour of Sal's cave, shown, as well as his workshop. He gave meold phone 735.JPG  a 29-100 spool out of a drawer full he had, and you can't get it from me for love or money.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

yep.

hey, it's been six years this week since I was out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midway Tommy

Quote from: alantani on September 15, 2022, 03:57:00 PMReally miss this guy.....

Me too! He was always so welcoming, helpful and sincere!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

broadway

Rivverrat

Sal, was on site in the early morning hours. This was the time I got to know him the best sending PM's.

One morning I believe, we were discussing fishable drag pressure for a given reel don't remember which reel ...

While this conversation with Sal through PM's was taking place, keep in mind at times, there is a squirrel in my head,running from its tail on fire, while doing copious amounts of acid. Some call it PTSD. Much easier for me to deal with Humphrey, the squirrel in my head     

Anywhoo Sal had stated some of the feedback he was getting from others here on site regarding this reel, drag upgrade & its fishable level of performance. This in no way matched what I was experiencing. Not meaning to, I at times blurt out my thoughts with out any thought given to how they might land on someone.
Not a good thing when Humphrey is riding a rocket ;D 

I stated...

" This cant be. I've been working with this drag stack long enough to know what to expect "

Sal became more than a little upset ... I didn't understand ... Humphrey went super sonic  ;D

I got to where I understood that Sal may have believed I was saying he was dishonest. Nothing could have been further from the truth.  myself

After  giggling a bit at my self we got it sorted... Jeff