looking 4 - pics/video of Penn VISX 20 being serviced

Started by roadrunner, January 07, 2021, 12:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadrunner

Looked around but could not find anything on the new VISX 20.  found older Internationals but not the new ones.  If anyone can give me a link to one, would appreciate it very much.

Midstream into taking mine apart for the first time myself and taking some pictures as I go. So far so good but have not taken the gears out yet.  Plan is not just basic lube but to take pretty much each part off, clean & inspect, then rebuild.

Been using it over 3 years since purchased Nov 2017.  Had Ken's Custom Reels lube it 2 years ago at Fred Hall Del Mar.  No Fred Hall last year and long over due for a clean up and have the time on my hands.  Hope we have a Fred Hall this year but things don't look to good now.

Happy New Year to all

alantani

i'm working on three right now but i've been so swamped that i haven't had time to shoot pictures.  if i can get over this hump, i'd like to start doing tutorials again, but i've been telling myself that for years now.   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

roadrunner

Thanks for the quick response.  I am newer to the board and still figuring it out and how to use it appropriately.  I am definitely not a reel expert but was wondering about posting photos I took when breaking down many of my Penn Fathom reels.  Instead of doing a video, I did individual pictures of each stage with text explaining what I did.

It is not fixing repair issues, but just breaking down the reel and lubing it.  Would posting that info here be appropriate ( in the Penn Fathom forum - not international) with just a disclaimer.  This may help some but did not know if this would be appropriate.

Let me know what you think.  Many have helped me in the past.  Want to pass the help along.

alantani

i given you access to the photo hosting service. you can host your photos here and then use the [img] function and your photo will show up where ever you paste the link. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!