Salvatore D. Ciarlante

Started by alantani, October 14, 2020, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Thanks Cathy - it's really nice to share in those moments, despite being half a world away.
And thanks Dom for speaking so honourably on our behalf.
It's a privilege to know ya - as it was Sal.
Best wishes, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

On the SOA, October 5-13, 2021, in memory of Sal.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

Well done, men! We appreciate you honoring Sal on your trip.
Justin, it's  the least I could do for such a special man.
Miss ya Sal,
Dom

Shark Hunter

I wish Sal could see this.
Custom Shark Handle and Star made from the Man himself.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Killer. I know what that is, but please turn it for a full on view of a one-off masterpiece.

Shark Hunter

It has your custom turnbuckles.
I will post more in a seperate thread.
Life is Good!

thorhammer

Here's to Sal. Not sure which it will be yet, but one of his creations will be getting in the OBX surf next week.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: thorhammer on October 22, 2021, 09:24:08 PM
Killer. I know what that is, but please turn it for a full on view of a one-off masterpiece.

This what you wanted to See ?
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

thorhammer

I meant the reel but the shark knob must be re-seen!!!! I had forgotten about that.

broadway

Sure is a beauty and boy, does that handle fit it well.
Special stuff right there, D!
Best
Dom

Cathy Ciarlante

Well, I am so full of gratitude and I am so touched after seeing the tribute to Sal's memory at the Missing Man Table. I haven't been able to check in on the site, for a few weeks now, as my mother hasn't been doing well and I am caring for her most of the time that I am not at work.

Thank you so much for posting those videos as they mean so much to me! I will share them with Alyssa and Anthony, too! Sal would be so honored to be remembered by such a group of fine men.

I really hope that anyone who ever comes anywhere near the Philadelphia area will contact me and stop by!

I was asked, by one member, to share the video that I had created for Sal's Memorial. I have to apologize as there are LOTS of pictures of me and the kids with Sal, but of course after 35 years of a magical marriage and 2 wonderful, loving children, there are bound to be many pictures! It was hard for me to limit it to these few hundred! Anyway, I will attach the link, just in case anyone wants to see Sal's life in pictures. I hope the link works. I have never tried this before.

If you do watch, don't forget to put the volume on high, as each song was chosen carefully.  The first song (that is used again for the last song) is a song by his favorite group of tenors. I have a quick, funny story to share about that song and the group... So, shortly after Sal was diagnosed, I read that this group of 4 tenors were going to perform a holiday concert in Atlantic City (which is just about 90 minutes drive for us). I was so excited and I gave Sal the tickets as an early Christmas gift (the concert was in mid-December). When I presented the tickets to him, he was really grateful but I could tell that he was also a little confused. He then said to me, "who are they"? That's when I realized that I didn't do my homework and, although these guys were 4 tenors with an Italian-sounding group name, Il Divo, they were NOT the tenors that Sal liked or even knew! How funny! We both love live music and so, of course, we went to the concert and it was wonderful. Then, just a few months later, the real group that he actually liked, came to a different venue in Atlantic City and we went to the show. We heard that wonderful song and then, believe it or not, the pandemic hit just a few weeks later and that would be the last place that Sal and I ever went to, before we started staying home. The second song is our wedding song and then the kids chose their songs, for pictures with their loving father. The song that Alyssa chose is a woman paying tribute to her father. Very fitting. I just cry and cry the whole time I watch it!

I wish you all a very happy Autumn and I keep you all in my prayers, always. Thank you, again, for providing love and support to Sal's family! We really appreciate it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e40qs9we4ushzz/salfuneral.movie.mp4?dl=0

redsetta

Thanks so much for sharing that Cathy.
Couldn't help but well up.
A truly beautiful tribute.
Best wishes, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

oldmanjoe

The Eyes are the Window to the Soul  and all I saw was Passion  ......

Passion is the energy that keeps us going, that keeps us filled with meaning, and happiness, and excitement, and anticipation. Passion is a powerful force in accomplishing anything you set your mind to, and in experiencing work and life the fullest extent possible.
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Benni3

He made it happen? But not just reels,,,,more with family and friends.