Salvatore D. Ciarlante

Started by alantani, October 14, 2020, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyhooker

Good to hear from; bad that the news seems so tough.  Please keep your head up; things have to improve; everyone here is in your corner.

Frank

Brewcrafter

Cathy - So sorry for all that has happened and continues to happen, but know that you always have a support network here. - john

MarkT

Cathy, sorry to hear about your brother.  In addition to losing my wife, my youngest brother died too although it was 6 years prior to my wife.  It must be really hard to lose Sal and now your brother too so soon.

I must say that when I see older posts that Sal replied to it seems like he's still here and I guess he is.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

conchydong

Cathy, I know it is tough times you are going through especially after losing such a great person as Sal. May the Lord comfort you and your family.

Scott

Bryan Young

Aloha Cathy,

I'm so speechless of the additional sad news your family must endure.  My heart cries with you and your family.  Thank you for sharing as your family are always in my prayers. 

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cathy Ciarlante

Thank you, all, so much for your wonderful words of encouragement and love. I signed on today because, when I am at my lowest, I find comfort in those things that made Sal (and now me!) smile! I truly hope that you are all well and staying safe and warm! I am very much looking forward to the earth thawing out a bit and the promise of Springtime!
All my best,
Cathy

alantani

i just got my second covid shot, so i.'m good to travel.  whenever you schedule the memorial service, please let us know.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Cathy, I wish I had words, I do not. This is as tough as can be. I think of Sal every day, and every so often go pull up the last text we had to read, and I have a mailer he sent some part he surprised me with stuck on my bench so he's watching over me to make sure I don't do something stoopid and lose springs bouncing off somewhere. He may not be here physically but his legacy and kind heart live on as an example.

broadway

I couldn't have said it better myself, John.
I make sure I see Sals photo every day at some point. Guess it reassures me he's still looking out for me.
Hang in there, Cathy.
Thank goodness you have anthony and Alyssa.
My best to your entire family,
Dom

Rivverrat

Sal's knowledge & willingness to help out. Cant be replaced. I wont forget our early morning PM's. Wish I hadn't cleared some of them. We talked reels & work. Let him know I was Arborist ( Monkey with a saw ) he talked of his being a stone mason & from I could tell a damn good one

Remember him mentioning in a questioning way, something to do with tree work being dangerous... My response was " Hell ya it's dangerous. Living safe aint that much fun " Cant imagine his response had he known other stuff I was involved in.

My dad has cancer. I have lived with mom & dad for sometime now. So my dad can have the freedom to do as he wishes. I dont like talking about it.

Very glad I got to know Sal how be it briefly. I know He has been missed by me... Jeff

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to everyone. Today was a difficult day for me. I don't have a large social media presence, but I do sometimes find it comforting to post a special memory. And, since I find this site so comforting, as well, I thought I might share my post here. I hope that you all don't mind!

foakes

Thanks for sharing those wonderful thoughts, Cathy —

As only a best friend, confidant, wife, and a special woman could do...

Sal is fortunate to have you in his life.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Hi Cathy. Sal was the best- I can tell you on my end, there are a lot of conversations about him outside the site, by its members. He is missed daily by us too.

John

conchydong

Cathy, that brought a tear to my eyes and I am usually not the crying type. May God bless you and Sal. You will always be together here on earth and in heaven.

Scott

broadway

Cathy, Thanks for posting this here.  Sal lives in all of our hearts and will remain there.
Sal is lucky to have you and so are we,
Best to the family,
Dom