alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Salvatore D. Ciarlante
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
November 29, 2020, 03:00:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salvatore D. Ciarlante  (Read 2009 times)
foakes

Sierra National Forest

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2020, 03:14:46 PM »

It is kind of funny...but when I do a posting nowadays — I somehow still expect to get a response from Sal.

Then I realize that I won’t be getting a response online or by phone — but the good feeling of Sal’s response is always there — and always will be.

That seems like the true measure of a great man and a good friend...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

---------

Self-worth is how you value yourself. It’s not based on what others think of you or the things you have (or haven’t) accomplished—it comes from within. But it’s easy to forget that our worth isn’t determined by outside forces -- each of us sets our own price.
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2020, 05:38:07 PM »

I'm with ya, Fred! Miss Sal's response, whether funny, knowledgeable, or just patting someone on the back.
A good man indeed.
Best,
Dom
Tiddlerbasher
Photo Group

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »

Yup you got it Fred Smiley
Benni3

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »

X2...thank you Tom👍
Brett
X3 ,,,,,thanks Tom,,,,,, Grin
Maxed Out
Keep Clam !!
Sensei

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2020, 07:44:38 PM »

Yep, got a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing Sal on Cortez Conversions home page. Thank you Tom

Ted

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!
Penn Chronology
Photo Group

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2020, 12:46:05 AM »

A person like Sal has staying power. The value he brought to this page was priceless. His spirit will always be here.
Cathy Ciarlante

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2020, 09:48:07 AM »

Hello,

Please forgive me, this is my real first time of being on the website (for longer than one minute as I just break out in tears every time I try) and so I am not quite sure where to post this message so I suppose that I will post it on every page that is listed under the In Memory of Sal Ciarlante. That is the only way that I know that I will reach everyone who commented, left lovely messages of condolence, or wished my family comfort, in any way.

I cannot express how much the love and support, that my family received from AlanTani.com, has meant to us! There really are no words to express my deep, deep appreciation and very sincere gratitude for your continued support! This past month has been just so devastating and painful for me, Alyssa and Anthony and grieving in the time of a global pandemic has just made it even more difficult. It is still very surreal and I wake each day thinking perhaps it was just a bad dream. I must admit that I have not yet found the courage to be in Sal's work area (where he did all of his custom reel work and repairs) for even a whole minute, yet. On the one time I walked back there, I saw that he still had a small paintbrush in some sort of gel and his tools were spread out all over...it must have been what he was working on the day we left for the hospital, so long ago. I walked back there, and I could just see him sitting on that chair, with a beautiful smile on his face, doing what gave him such satisfaction and joy! It was all I could take, but I am working up the courage to go back there again, some day soon. The kids and I do spend time in Sal's mancave, each night, and it's comforting to be surrounded by his things.

I would have liked very much to have the celebration of Sal's life, that I believe he deserved, but I felt very strongly that we needed to respect the pandemic and do everything in our power to keep our family, friends and loved ones safe! As you read in his obituary, we are planning a post-Covid 19, late-springtime memorial service, God willing. I will be sure to post all of the details, at that time! We had an immediate family funeral and laid Sal's remain to rest on a stormy Friday (October 16) and I felt as though the heavens were crying for my Sal. As I told you all before, not only did the Alan Tani family get mentioned in Sal's obituary, but Alyssa (our daughter) mentioned it in his Eulogy, as well.

I am so sorry that this first post of mine was so long but I just wanted to be sure to express my gratitude and to let you all know how important you are to me and the kids!

I wish you, and your families, a blessed Thanksgiving holiday!

All my very best,
Cathy Ciarlante & Family
Ron Jones
Firearms Group

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2020, 10:22:32 AM »

Nothing is to long for the Ohana, Cathy.
Please come and visit anytime and let us know if there is anything we can do.
Ronald Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »

Cathy, check this world map.  Those red dots are showing the areas of the world and members who knew and miss Sal as much as we on the site that have posted.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
mhc
Sensei

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2020, 02:15:04 AM »

Cathy, check this world map.  Those red dots are showing the areas of the world and members who knew and miss Sal as much as we on the site that have posted.  Dominick

Hello Cathy, Alyssa and Anthony.

Thank you for keeping us in touch with Sal's world. Dominick is correct, Sal is and will be missed by members around the globe - I'm the seventh red dot down on the east coast of Australia Smiley and think of him every day. Distance wasn't a barrier to Sal reaching out to connect with people and develop friendships around the world and distance won't lessen our gratitude for having known him. All of us were influenced by Sal in some way and more than a few of us were inspired to take up tools to explore different ways to improve our reels. Sometimes our experiments didn't go to plan but Sal was always the first to point out the positive aspects and encourage us to 'keep the flame burning'.

All the best,
Mike

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:07:21 AM by Dominick » Logged

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: