Salvatore D. Ciarlante

Started by alantani, October 14, 2020, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

Benni - Glad that you were there for Sal. - john

Benni3

Quote from: Brewcrafter on October 11, 2021, 04:50:43 AM
Benni - Glad that you were there for Sal. - john
I was glad to go,,,,,cathy was so nice and glad to see me,,,,but what impact sal made on so many people's lives was very  impressive.

Decker

Quote from: Benni3 on October 12, 2021, 02:31:40 AM
I was glad to go,,,,,cathy was so nice and glad to see me,,,,but what impact sal made on so many people's lives was very  impressive.

I couldn't agree more. I never knew Sal had so many "brothers" - blood brothers and sisters, paisanos, and adopted brothers, all forming one strong extended family.

It was great to meet Benni and Dom.  Dom spoke at the service.  The family all knew about the Ohana too. Many of them had been fishing on Sal's boat.  We should take Anthony fishing some time. 

Once again, Sal showed us how it's done...

broadway

It was a pleasure to be around Sal's family and friends.  They made Decker, Benni, and I feel like family right off the bat.  Cathy, Alyssa, and Anthony handled the day with great poise and sent their dad/husband off with honor.  We spent some time in Sal's man cave, and let me say, Sal was more amazing than most of you even thought.  He collected NEWELL reels too!!!  Dwight, must've been in Sal's ear on that one. His space was modest, but set up to handle anything thrown at him.  You could feel Sal's presence and totally understand why Cathy hasn't touched a thing and spends time down there.  It was Sal's happy place and I see why.  Thanks to Cathy and the kids I was able to say a few words about my pal letting all know that Sal was loved globally and was well respected on AT.com.
Always nice to meet members of the Ohana,  Benni and Decker(Joe).
The only way it could've been better would've been if Sal was there himself.
Miss you pal,
Dom

Maxed Out

Very sad I could not be there. We're in the midst of finalizing the sale of our business. Our plans are to swing in to the east coast next year, and visit Havertown to pay our respects.

Ted & Nancy
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

thorhammer

Glad Benni,  Joe and Dom could be there. I wish I could've heard Dominic. Those that read what he writes here in AT know that he is true spirit of Ohana: a very gracious individual. When I met Sal the first time, he was picking me up from the airport to visit Penn. That tour is well documented. Dom was kind enough to cart me from Philly to Manhattan afterward,  two hours or so. You might think there'd be awkward silence somewhere between two people that'd known each four whole hours. Nope. I know that whatever Dom said, was whatever we all would like to say, and delivered with utmost respect and eloquence for our brother Sal.  Boys, if you said you'd felt a firm hand on your shoulder in Sal's shop, when no one was there, I'd believe it.

broadway

That means a lot of coming from you, john.
Thank you and I hope to see you soon. I enjoyed that car ride conversation.
Any one of you guys would've loved to have been there for the stories.  He was well respected and loved.
His sense of humor and pranks are what Sal's friends and family agreed was one of the things most missed in their lives.
John, your a writer, I'm just a guy who writes when necessary.
Warm regards (Ray Hodges always used to say that at the end of his communications)- RIP
Dom

Bill B

Glad you guys could make it. I'm happy to report the Tank was on the SOA with us and landed 3 fish, sadly nothing to really test its power.  It's now on its way back to Dominick via Bryan Young.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

thank you for representing us. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Decker

Quote from: alantani on October 15, 2021, 12:10:18 AM
thank you for representing us. 

Alan, it's a pleasure to represent the Ohana, and I'm grateful for having had the opportunity to know Sal and everyone else through the site.

oc1

Shark Hunter

Dom, Joe and Benni,
Thank You for representing the Ohana.
There will never be another man like him.

Life is Good!

Cathy Ciarlante

Hello to the Alan Tani family.

I wanted to share some details with you all, from last weekend's memorial, for my loving husband.

It was my (and Alyssa and Anthony's) absolute honor to have members of the website join us, that day! Dom's tribute was eloquent and so very lovely! I was thrilled that he was willing to share some wonderful words with us and everyone who met the folks that Sal met, through this website, were so impressed! We were joined by many family, friends, neighbors, and clients who all knew and loved Sal. Alyssa delivered her Eulogy (so that everyone who couldn't be at his funeral, last year, could hear it) and Anthony battled his overwhelming fear of public speaking, to say a few words about his wonderful father.

The video tribute was quite long (20 minutes) and, although I felt badly to make everyone sit through such a long tribute, we poured over those pictures and took care to select the best songs and I really felt as though it told a beautiful story of his life, through those images. I made sure to speak before the video, because I couldn't trust that I would be able to do so, afterwards.
We welcomed everyone to come back to our home, after the service, as I really felt that Sal would have liked nothing better!

There were many things that were done in tribute to Sal, throughout the day, that most folks would never have known, but the kids and I knew were there. One of those things, was that I made sure to keep all of the vases and containers that everyone sent to Sal, both while he was fighting his fight and after he passed away, and I used them all at the house, in some capacity, so that the love was represented. Many of those came from the wonderfully supportive world of Alan Tani!

There are no words to express to you all how very grateful and blessed Alyssa, Anthony and I are to have your continued love and support. I truly hope that some folks can come to Pennsylvania, to visit us, be in Sal's mancave for a bit, and have something to eat at his favorite place...the dinner table!
Wishing you all a peaceful autumn filled with joy!

Love,
Cathy & family

Donnyboat

So Nice, thank you Cathy & family,best for your future, cheers Pat & Don.
Don, or donnyboat

broadway

Cathy,  
  You and the kids were everything I'd hope my family would be in the tough time that you've gone through.
Sleep well knowing you did your husband proud in life and beyond.  We will be here for you and the family, so don't be a stranger and whatever you do keep Sal's mancave just as you have, untouched.  You can certainly still feel a presence down there.  \
I will visit again soon, and look forward to spending more time together.
Thank you again for making me/us a part of the tribute.
Warm regards,
Dom