alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Salvatore D. Ciarlante
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 06, 2021, 02:48:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Salvatore D. Ciarlante  (Read 21238 times)
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2021, 08:28:43 PM »

Cathy, I watched that whole video.  It was truly a celebration of a happy life.  Typical of Italian and many other cultures. life evolves around family.  Well, I watched it and smiled during the photos of you and the family and family members I have not met.  I was okay until the final seconds of the video with Sal waving goodbye.  Then I lost it.  Thanks for sharing that video with us.  Sal my you rest in peace.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2021, 08:50:44 PM »

Like you, Justin, I welled up pretty quickly.  The worst part is that I saw the video at the tribute and it did the same damn thing to me then.
I can't remember which one of you Aussie's said it but it fits here.  "It could bring a tear to a glass eye."
I miss ya pal,
Dom
PS-  Cathy, you really are something special. 
PPS- Cathy has  one heck of a great story about Sal, the beach, and waving. It sure made me feel good on an otherwise tough day.
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2021, 08:56:03 PM »

Dom, that expression was first posted by another AT member who was popular on the site but has since passed on.  That was Wallace who poste here as Wallacewt.  He was a fun guy.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
redsetta

Auckland, New Zealand

« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2021, 11:35:11 PM »

Spot on Dominick.
Like Sal, Wallace was a 'one of a kind' - and they were also good mates.
PS Dom, I'm Kiwi - but that's okay, we're all ANZACs down here  Wink Grin
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 11:44:31 PM by redsetta » Logged

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer
broadway
Sensei

Broadway Dom, New York City

« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2021, 12:01:59 AM »

Ahhh, thanks Dominooch and Justin!  Wallace was a good guy, and is missed around here for sure.  He was a fun contributor.
Justin, My apologies, New  Zealand it is. It even shows it in your avatar.  Roll Eyes
I'm Sicilian, so that would be like calling me Italian, lol.
Best to yas,
Dom
Bill B (Tarfu)
Fish Nutritionist II
Firearms Group

Crestline, CA

« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2021, 12:18:05 AM »

Just got the courage to watch….thank you Cathy for allowing us into this special moment…..what a kick right in the feels…..oh that’s nothing just got some dirt in my eyes……Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!
Shark Hunter

The Rogue of the Seven Seas!

« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2021, 12:51:57 AM »

Fitting Tribute to Such a Great Man.
You Did Good Cathy, Thank You so much for sharing that.
Sal will Live on with all of us.
I have someting in my eye too.

Life is Good!
Cathy Ciarlante

« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2021, 07:33:55 PM »

Thank you all, so much, for your kind words about the video. I know it was quite long, but I really wanted to show all the sides of my wonderful husband, in pictures.

Dominick, I thought it was interesting that you said the same exact thing, as my sister-in-law when she saw the video. She said that she held it together until that last shot of him driving the boat and waving goodbye. I wanted to tell you that I took that video in early August 2019. Just one month before Sal was diagnosed. We never went on the boat, just the two of us. Never! We always took one (or both) of the kids, or Sal took them, or we took my father and/or brother (who both loved to go out on the water), or Sal took his brother or buddy or whoever else might want to come along. But, on that day, just him and I went to get the boat and, unfortunately, we found that it wouldn't start. Sal was determined to get out on the water and so he told me to wait for a bit while he ran to get a part that he needed, replaced the part, and had the boat running in no time. Typical Sal! We did a little fishing and a little crabbing, that day, but it was more about being on the water and enjoying each other's company. I did not know it be my last time on the boat but at least I have the wonderful memory of a day on the bay, with my very best friend!

Wishing you all a lovely autumn weekend and sending you all my best!
conchydong
Firearms Group

Pompano Beach, FL

« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2021, 11:02:23 PM »

I don't have much to say but  a warm thank you Cathy for sharing with us. Although I never met Sal in person, I feel that he was a family member. May God bless you and your family. Scott
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2021, 01:27:19 AM »

yeah, that last part was hard to watch.  it was a beautiful, moving, tribute.     Cry

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Donnyboat
donnyboat
Photo Group

« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2021, 12:16:34 PM »

Good on you Cathy, your doing yourself & family proud, thanks so much, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: