alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Shimano Saragosa 6000 SW
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 02, 2020, 11:36:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shimano Saragosa 6000 SW  (Read 376 times)
Scattergun2570

« on: October 29, 2020, 04:11:51 PM »

I know Shimano line roller bearings have been problematic. I am very diligent on keeping mine flooded with corrosion before and after every outing...last night I applied more after fishing the surf ,and
I use a rubber band to roll it To distribute. I now have some noise coming from that area..I even back out the screw and put some Corrosion X In from the screw side as well.but ?I guess that still doesnít protect it enough.Anyway,does anyone know if I can replace it with a bushing instead of a bearing? If so ,where can I get one,what size etc... thanks
philaroman

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »

you mean you're doing all that, INSTEAD of opening up the roller & seeing what's inside Huh?

how do you know the noise is from corrosion?

could be wear, or grain of sand, or extra lube sloshing around...

or bits of rubber band  Grin (why use something that dry-rots & sheds particles)

if it is indeed corrosion. consider cheapest full-ceramic for that one "salt-exposed" bearing

otherwise, get the measurements & check Okuma brass roller bushings
I'm having fun finding old Okuma brass from inside spools & drag knobs (no individual part #s)
to shove into all sorts of weird Shimanoey places -- sometimes beneficial, sometimes just 'cause I can  Roll Eyes
Scattergun2570

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 08:36:04 PM »

I donít know what itís from,,I am going to open it...was just asking if a bushing can be swapped.
philaroman

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 10:18:10 PM »

in older shimano, you could swap bearing & bushing,
but they weren't same size -- you had to swap all 3(?) parts under the line-roller

Line Roller Support RD16340 has 2 prongs that MUST go into corresponding holes
if they pop out, entire bail-head/line-roller assembly is weak, loose, wabbly, w/ gaps
YOU CANNOT LOOSEN & NO-LOOK RE-TIGHTEN THIS TYPE OF BAIL-HEAD!!!
Scattergun2570

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 12:09:32 AM »

Thanks for that info..I will be taking it apart later today,,hopefully itís something minor.
Scattergun2570

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 10:21:54 PM »

in older shimano, you could swap bearing & bushing,
but they weren't same size -- you had to swap all 3(?) parts under the line-roller

Line Roller Support RD16340 has 2 prongs that MUST go into corresponding holes
if they pop out, entire bail-head/line-roller assembly is weak, loose, wabbly, w/ gaps
YOU CANNOT LOOSEN & NO-LOOK RE-TIGHTEN THIS TYPE OF BAIL-HEAD!!!

I opened it up,nothing in there at all..I have to assume its the bearing..only makes noise under a bit of load. I guess I will have to grease the new one to help combat it from happening again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: