alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Need handle with large knob for early Stella 5000
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
December 02, 2020, 11:44:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need handle with large knob for early Stella 5000  (Read 102 times)
Vintage Offshore Tackle
Photo Group

« on: October 21, 2020, 02:19:48 PM »

I just picked up an early version of the Stella 5000 and I love the reel, but it has a tiny little knob on the handle.  Does anyone have a handle with a large knob that will work on this reel that they might want to sell, or know where I might be able to get one?

Thank you,

Randy
philaroman

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 05:23:38 PM »

curious about what you find -- I'm in the same boat
got a TwinPowerXT 5000 from Japan, w/ a funky non-original, longer, sleeker, BETTER machined handle
(2-BB knob is bigger, better-shaped, darker wood than early Sustain/TwinPower rosewood)
like an idiot, I thought I could unscrew the wooden part same as the "peened" knobs...  NOT!!!

I'm using mine w/ standard SustainFA handle, so no rush to spend or consider drill-out options
also, using 4000-size spools -- actually, don't like the large-capacity TwinPower 5000 spool
if our stuff is inter-compatible, would love to trade for that tiny, puny, undesirable knob Grin Shocked Grin
you'll have left over, once you're all situated
Vintage Offshore Tackle
Photo Group

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 09:03:19 PM »

I will let you know if I come up with anything good.
alantani
admin
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 09:13:14 AM »

lots to choose from!!!!!  https://www.ebay.com/b/shimano-stella-knob/bn_7024741645

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: